Chris

Factory 300 Win Mag. Who has the best?

Bang for the buck, Tikka is really hard to beat. What is your price range? There are some great Semi-Customs out there but they are north of $1500.00

What is the definition of top of the line? There was a write up done on an out of the box Savage that put 3 rounds into 2.5ish inches at 700+ after load work-up. They are ugly actions, but form follows function.

I did a lot of research before I bought by Tikka T3 lite in 300wm. For the money I could spend it was a good fit. I couldn't be happier with the gun. Great factory adjustable trigger too. As for factory ammo. I bought 4 different boxes (different manufacturers) and shot all of them. Believe it or not, the gun shot Remington Core Loks 180gr the best. Haven't looked back since. But from what I know, you have to figure what what ammo your gun agrees with the most and go with that.

• Like 1

About $2000 for rifle itself.

I do like Beretta products.

I do not reload, and likely will not go that road, as I do not shoot very often.

Now if $400 to $500 more, would be okay as well.

I am a Remington man all the way. But that being said, I have a few suggestions that might be a bit biased.

Rem 700 Sendero

Rem 700 LR

Rem 700 5-R

Rem XCR

Savage 11/111 LRH

• Like 1

For $2000-2500 you might be able to have a few of the builders on this site build you a semi custom if you wouldn't mind going away from factory. Just a thought.

If you are going to shoot factory rounds, at least find a good match grade one, like the Federal Gold Medal Match. You might get lucky and find some others that shoot well too, but it might take some searching and shooting. A good rifle with great rounds will shoot as well as a great rifle with lousy rounds.

And don't forget glass and mounting options. You can't hit what you can't see, and you can't hit what you can't dial to repeatedly.

• Like 3

For $2k I would build one. Alamo Precision Rifles can do a baseline build for $1775, Rem Action, Greyboe stock, x-caliber barrel, etc etc

Base model is Maverick then the Ranger.

http://aprifles.com/ready-to-ship-rifles/603-ranger-300-win-mag