Sign in to follow this  
Rumhunter84

Timmey triggers ?

I'm doing a lightweight 7RM build for my dad

And I've always gotten the Timney trigger 510 model I was wondering other than adjustability of weight What's the big differences in the Calvin elite trigger ?

Will I notice a difference in the better trigger ?

Are there any other triggers you would recommend would like to stay in a single stage trigger !

I have 3 Model 700s. One has a timney and 2 have Jewell Triggers. The jewell cost a bit more but I feel it is definitely a nicer trigger.

I am 180° from 300RUM. I have a Timney 510 @ 1.5#, a 512 @ 1.5#, and two Calvin Elite @ 8oz. each. The best triggers I have ever shot. I also have a Shilen Match @ 1.5# which is very nice.

I have shot Jewell, TriggerTech, tuned factory Remmy, CMC, Rifle Basix, and a Jard.

I have not tried a Bix'N Andy, X-treme Shooting, or Tubb 700....yet.

I think the Calvin Elite is worth every penny. Super crisp, no creep, adjustable to very light pull weight, nice and thin shoe.

The Calvin Elite is very nice. I also really like the Rifle Basix which is a bit cheaper and they have quite a few options and pound weights to choose from for a 700 to fit your given application.

They are located in north Phoenix. Shop in and check it out

Ya that's where I got my last one.

I am 180° from 300RUM. I have a Timney 510 @ 1.5#, a 512 @ 1.5#, and two Calvin Elite @ 8oz. each. The best triggers I have ever shot. I also have a Shilen Match @ 1.5# which is very nice.

I have shot Jewell, TriggerTech, tuned factory Remmy, CMC, Rifle Basix, and a Jard.

I think the Calvin Elite is worth every penny. Super crisp, no creep, adjustable to very light pull weight, nice and thin shoe.

Wow 8oz

I have never got to try the Calvin Elite. The narrow shoe is one of the features of the jewell that I really like. When I was looking for my last trigger I thought of trying one but there was no left-handed version at the time. Just for Laughs I checked and they do have a left-handed version out now. Timney has always been pretty good about taking care of left-handers. Just what I need another excuse to spend money.

Until you have shot an 8oz trigger, you really can't imagine it. I love watching first timers shoot one. I tell them, don't even touch it until you are ready to fi....BOOM! Shock on their face, then a smile.

• Like 1

I am not a trigger guru, but I see the difference. I moved from factory adjustable triggers to basic Timney in 3 rifles now. It is a world of difference.

I did get to touch the trigger on a couple of Lances rifles while back, and I can tell you they are even better than the basic Timney I have. The 8oz ones are crazy light, but dang they are nice.

I am not a trigger guru, but I see the difference. I moved from factory adjustable triggers to basic Timney in 3 rifles now. It is a world of difference.

I did get to touch the trigger on a couple of Lances rifles while back, and I can tell you they are even better than the basic Timney I have. The 8oz ones are crazy light, but dang they are nice.

"Factory adjustable trigger"? Did it happen to be a pro mark x ?

No, weatherby vanguard on one, and savage 110 on the other.

I will let you know how the Timney Calvin Elite shoots in a few days. I pick up my rifle this weekend. The trigger is set at 2lbs from the factory.

• Like 1

Until you have shot an 8oz trigger, you really can imagine it. I love watching first timers shoot one. I tell them, don't even touch it until you are ready to fi....BOOM! Shock on their face, then a smile.

I bet !!!!

I will let you know how the Timney Calvin Elite shoots in a few days. I pick up my rifle this weekend. The trigger is set at 2lbs from the factory.

Sweet . Where are you picking up a rifle from ?

My buddy that is building the rifle is in Casper, WY. He is bringing the rifle to another buddy's grand opening party at the Wapiti Lodge just outside of Cody. So I will be picking it up in Wapiti.