Sign in to follow this  
EagleEye

Fire hitting Woods Canyon Lake area???

Anyone been around woods canyon lake recently want to scout around on 300 rd this weekend wondered if the smoke is going through there??

Buddy, you need to scout 10!

Knoll lake road, barbershop, Fred haught ridge areas on the 300 are closed, woods canyon area is open. They are talking about doing a full forest closer with the high heat coming. The highline fire is very unpredictable

• Like 1

Any new info on the Highline fire? I think that fire has the largest potential for being a monster!

Any new info on the Highline fire? I think that fire has the largest potential for being a monster!

Been watching the smoke all day. Doesn't seem to be getting smaller.

• Like 1

Exactly what he said .. big browns its pretty spread out and seems to be moving somewhat up and down the rim, lots of smoke this afternoon, elk have moved down some, no containment but they sound confident they will keep from crossing the 300 road by Dane canyon, but it has spot already, will see they've been confident before, seems to be human cause, there wasn't a cloud on Saturday. Hopefully this helped alittle

Supposed to be camping at Bear Canyon next weekend, better off moving the trip elsewhere at this point?

I think bear canyon lake is still open but probably gonna get smoked out of there. I'm helping my brother with porta potties on the fire and the guy we talked to this morning said this fire has high potential to be giant if it gets into a few places and it's the highest priority fire of the 30 or so going in az right now. He also said things aren't looking good with the extreme heat coming. I know a few spots in 4a are so thick you can't walk through them so if it gets there there's no stopping it.

• Like 2

I think bear canyon lake is still open but probably gonna get smoked out of there. I'm helping my brother with porta potties on the fire and the guy we talked to this morning said this fire has high potential to be giant if it gets into a few places and it's the highest priority fire of the 30 or so going in az right now. He also said things aren't looking good with the extreme heat coming. I know a few spots in 4a are so thick you can't walk through them so if it gets there there's no stopping it.

I agree on the thick stuff up there. However, it's still a ways from 4A. Looks like 5A is in the bullseye if it gets going up above the Rim. Let's hope they can keep it contained at the 300 road and points south. I'd hate to see Knoll lake burn. Such a pretty place.

Ironic it's burning in the old Dude fire, which happened to be the time of that extreme heat wave where Phoenix hit 122 degrees. And now another extreme heat wave with Phoenix forcasting 120+ temps and a fire burning in the same place. Weird how things come full circle.

Started on June 20th 1990. Watched that one burn to. Don't no why its so hard to confirm its human caused, not a cloud in sky just like the dude fire which they said it was lightning but really it was the boy scouts. Well the heck with 22 as long as 4a doesn't burn.....