lancetkenyon

Two New Rifle Upgrades Coming Soon To An Addict Near You...

I have worked with a LOT of Nosler brass. Top notch stuff. Very uniform and consistent. Seem to last too.

Good news for the masses. Phoenix Custom Rifles called me this afternoon, and they are now accepting carbon fiber barrel work.

Yes I talk to them the other day and he told me that also very excited!!

So I have found a few ways to save a cpupke ounces each.

Carbon fiber bolt knob weighing .5oz. A normal aluminum tactical knob weighs about 3 oz. And the steel knob that gets cut and turned down weighs a few ounces.

As suggested, I so ordered an alloy bolt shroud. Weighs 1 ounce vs. 3.5 ounces of the factory steel shroud.

• Like 1

Those are some of the areas I plan to shave some more weight, but I am going to wait until after hunting season.....it is shooting good and I don't want to mess with it.

Carbon fiber bolt knob weighing .5oz. A normal aluminum tactical knob weighs about 3 oz. And the steel knob that gets cut and turned down weighs a few ounces.

As suggested, I so ordered an alloy bolt shroud. Weighs 1 ounce vs. 3.5 ounces of the factory steel shroud.

Which rifle are you making light 6.5SS or the 280AI ?

Which rifle are you making light 6.5SS or the 280AI ?
Yes...

I am not going all out on lightening the 6.5SS, but if I can shave .5-1# off it,that would be nice.

• Like 1

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPcAAAAJDRhMWMxNGZlLWU5OTMt

• Like 1