lancetkenyon

Two New Rifle Upgrades Coming Soon To An Addict Near You...

As I read through this thread all I can think about is how much your wife has to love you. I am not sure I would have the same luck. :)

• Like 1

Unless you can get a deal, or just have the money and it's what you want, almost twice the price of a SS fluted barrel really hurts. Seems like ounces cost $100s

I got a good deal on it. Can't say how good, but made it a lot less painful. Ounces definitely cost money. But ounces=pounds and pounds=pain.

PCR does not like to work on carbon wrapped barrels, so I am having Axisworks do the work on it. Eric "Speedygoss" has gotten some excellent referrals from various members here when I was looking. I went down and we talked for about an hour, he showed me his shoo, and we discussed the build in great length.

On that visit, he put the bug in my ear about the 6.5 SS, (and I think ha had no idea I would pull the trigger on a rechamber/rework job) so I figured I could kill 2 birds with one big stone. I am losing my .25-06AI speed for an antelope rifle by going to the .280AI. I already have a 6.5 SLR that is a mild 6.5, and the .260 was basically just a 4# lighter version of that round. So I opted to rechamber it and do a few finishing touches on it and gain some speed. The rifle didn't see a lot of range time, and now will get a good amount of use as a deer/pronghorn rifle since I will pick up a lot of speed, BC, and energy.

• Like 1

Way to go Lance, now I'm talking to shawn carlock about a 6.5 terminator and will talk to Eric about some 6.5 options when he beds my new creedmoor... no sense in having 2 creeds haha.

• Like 1

Unless you can get a deal, or just have the money and it's what you want, almost twice the price of a SS fluted barrel really hurts. Seems like ounces cost $100s

in round numbers I was looking at $500 for fluted stainles or $800 for a proof blank. Part of my argument for buying the proof was that I was chambering a caliber I already used and did not to need to buy dies and a reamer so I was saving money. That is what you call Creative Accounting. I also have a badly injured ankle that screwed and plated together. I find Lance's equation that turns ounces into pain to be very true.
  • Like 2

LRI did the bolt flute. Super fast turnaround. I sent it USPS Priority, and got it back completed in 6 days.

Same here!!! Super fast and very affordably

Looking forward to this build. I REALLY want to build something in .280 ai. That would have been the caliber I built instead of my 7 mm SAUM, but I wanted to put my Model 7 action to good use. I will be building one in the future.

They do it right next to the action !

On the barrel shank