Sign in to follow this  
WarrZone

Late Archery Elk Hunt

Like the title says, I know it will be more than tough. But I've been trying to do my homework, both at home and in the field.

Anyone willing to give some advice to a newbie I'd be glad to share and discuss what I've been seeing so far. You guys have been very helpful to me in the past, so not looking for spots, just advice.

If willing, shoot me a DM and I can share what unit and how I've been struggling to find good vantage point...

Thanks all!

[quote name="WarrZone" post="735310" timestamp="1499662260

If willing, shoot me a DM and I can share what unit and how I've been struggling to find good vantage point...

Thanks all!

4B!?!?

The bull in my avatar is from the 3c late archery hunt and I have the unit 1 late archery hunt this year. I like my chances at a very large bull. What do you want to know?

The bull in my avatar is from the 3c late archery hunt and I have the unit 1 late archery hunt this year. I like my chances at a very large bull. What do you want to know?

Anymore pics of the one in your profile

• Like 1

When I get home, I will find an the sd card and take a picture of him on the wall

• Like 1

Im in the same Boat as you are, 1st late hunt but im stoked. Gunna find water, and some good vantage points. Like the old saying goes. " They are where they are". Once there in there winter spots they shouldn't move to much as long as they don't get bumped.

When I get home, I will find an the sd card and take a picture of him on the wall

It would be cool to see some more pics.

It would be cool to see some more pics.

I am to lazy to go through my sd cards to find the field pics. Here are a couple from the wall.

post-4480-0-54107000-1500232251_thumb.jpg

post-4480-0-63539300-1500232309_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Sweet bull! I'd be ecstatic with arrowing a bull like that on my late hunt.

Depending on unit these can be perfect spot and stalk hunts.

In my experience once you bed them down about 8to9 o'clock they stay down till about noon and are not near as skittish as a deer.

I have had it work several times in the last ten years.

Just go slowwwww

One of my most fun was waiting at 20 yards for 30 minutes for a bull to get up

• Like 1