Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

Old Swarovski vs new Meopta

I have an old pair of Swarovski 10 x 42 SLC's. These binoculars are 14 years old so they are non-HD. I'm thinking of switching to a pair of 12 x 50 Meopta Meostar HD. What's everyone's thoughts? Would I be gaining a little bit of clarity with the Meopta since they're HD or does the Swarovski clarity even though it's non-HD trump the Meoptas? I would love to switch to a pair of 12 x 50 Swarovski but can't afford it at the time.

I'm not sure how they compare but I've got the 12x50 cabelas meopta hd and if you want to drive out to meet me in San tan valley Sunday afternoon we can set them up next to yours to see how they compare.

I have zero experience with those specific binos, but the meostar glass is top tier. I would have a hard time believing the older swarovski is better than the newer HD meopta. From my experience the meopta hd is every bit as good as the swaro hd.

I have swaro 15s and a meostar spotter.

• Like 2

Swaro hds are the best of those three hands down. To my eyes, the hd meopta are a little sharper then the non hd swaros, but the non hds stay sharper to the edges and are slightly better in low light

• Like 1

I'm not sure how they compare but I've got the 12x50 cabelas meopta hd and if you want to drive out to meet me in San tan valley Sunday afternoon we can set them up next to yours to see how they compare.

I appreciate the offer.....before I decide what I'm doing I may take you up on that.

• Like 1

I have compared the Meopta hd with the swaro neu side by side in the 15x models. Both me and my buddy that owned the swaros thought the meoptas were just a bit sharper. I'd imagine this would hold true for the 10x as well.

Can someone post a link to them? I looked on Cabelas website and couldn't find them.

http://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/shop/us/meostar-b1-12x50-hd/ou9wad6cu7hp/ctgBus.html

Cabelas had their branded models on sale last week for $1059. But they were out and the guy said he had no idea when they were going to get more in, it's hit or miss.

The other thing that concerns me is I asked about the warranty and he said through meopta it's a 20 year limited warranty. He said the only things that are covered are manufacturers defects. Cabelas was a lifetime warranty but also only for manufacturers defects.

• Like 1

Contact swarovski and see what kind of deal they will give to upgrade your older bino to current specs. I did and was very pleased with the results and cost.

Contact swarovski and see what kind of deal they will give to upgrade your older bino to current specs. I did and was very pleased with the results and cost.

Which ones and what did they do? I sent in a pair of 8.5 EL and they did a bunch of stuff and I asked if the lenses could be upgraded to HD and if they could make then 10X and they said no.

I am pretty sure they can only upgrade to whatever is the latest of the version you have. that means you can get the latest glass on the old SLC binos but you cant upgrade to HD. Same with the ELs to Swarovision. Theyre a different bino.

After contacting them I was told repairs only, they don't do upgrades.