Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

adjusting shooter app drops

I have the shooter app on my phone, and I have all information that i can tell that is correct. I used the Baro Metric imput and at 504 yards 13" lower and at 576 yards 19" lower. I didn't have time to go out farther then that. If I put the altitude in it would of been a bigger drop! I can't find out how to change or imput my drops on this app. There is a velocity drop but can't quite figure that out. I put in the yards and the MOA adjustments and then it gives me a USE Velocity around 2200 fps. That would be off 600 fps!!

I applied this same information on Hornadys site and got within a 1/4 Moa of exact. Why does my shooter app thinks my gun is a laser???? When we compared it to my brothers gun ammo factory ammo says 3200 fps and chrony has it around 3180-3205 fps. So its in the ball park and my chrony has only had a 100 fps difference when its funky weather and its not reading well.

So any help would be nice, Im just assuming im not doing the velocity drop right, right?? Or is there another app better for drop data?

Extra zero somewhere is my guess.

The only way I think you could get real help would be screen shots of the app and your settings so someone can replicate it. I was in the app all day today moving my info to the ABS app for the Sig Kilo. My MV is close to yours and 500yds drop is probably in the +40" range. No bullet info but that should be similar to my 7mm, unless you have a cazy light bullet. I don't get on here as much anymore but will check back tomorrow.

Make sure your bc is input correctly and using the correct drag model. Almost sounds like you have a G1 bc value input for a G7.

• Like 1

Maybe you have your zero range set wrong.

My zero is set for 200 yards. But on the spread sheet it shows it at 250 yards. I don't know why.

Make sure your bc is input correctly and using the correct drag model. Almost sounds like you have a G1 bc value input for a G7.

Stomp I have the G1 listed with the right BC. But I left Min Vel at 0.00. Then there is another second row with BC and Min Vel. Im I doing something wrong or not imputting something?

Even if I do fix this is there a way to adjust the drops on this App

Well Im giving up on shooter app. I bought the Hornady ballistic app and it is spot on with my current drops. I also shot my creedmoor up there and shooter was 2 MOA off. Hornady app was dead on

Calm down.

Too Late!!!! Hornady is my go to now!

• Like 1

Calm down.

When you are getting ready for a goat hunt and your bullets are not going where they are supposed to it does constitute a crisis.

• Like 5

I use Applied. Once I selected a bullet from the bullet menu with a G7 curve then when editing to add info to the ammunition screen accidentally bumped the screen and switched from G7 to G1 without realizing it. The program was then calculating a G7 curve as a G1 and it really messed things up.

Yep the applied ballistics app is a little involved and takes a bit to get used but it works really well and worth every penny.

Well like you guys said human error!! All my notes were dead on but one thing. My Zero!!!!!! What happen was the rifle was sighted in at 200 yards with the 143 ELD-x shooitng 3105 fps. I was trying the .697 BC 147 ELD-m with the same groupings but at 3014 fps. At this speed this bullet will still out perform in Ballistics compared to the 143s at 3100 fps. But when I was testing the load at was 100 yards for groupings and looking at my shots they were dead on target at 100 yards not considering that the rifle is already sight in for 200 yards for the 143s but realistically for the 147s its shooting zero was already perfectly set up at 100. Once I changed my zero I got the results I needed. But Im going between Hornady and Shooter and see which one i like better