Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyhcp

Leftover poll

Does game and fish , realize I need a left over deer tag . I have been polite , kind and happy to everyone , that will all change if I don't go hunting this year . I need to play war games with animals and my freezer is empty .

Don't bring me down there is still hope! What makes me mad is I know guys who got a tag and I sent mine out a day befor them

Don't bring me down there is still hope! What makes me mad is I know guys who got a tag and I sent mine out a day befor them

Just means yours got to the post office Friday night or Saturday morning, and when theirs arrived at the post office on Saturday evening or Sunday morning it was on the top of the pile when Game and Fish showed up to pick up the mail on Monday morning. It's all about being in the right spot on the pile....which you really can't control. Only thing you can control is not being there too early or a day too late.

• Like 1

I got my first choice!!!! 30B Its a hard unit to find a place to hunt but I got a spot that you have to hike into and had a nice 90 inch buck there a couple of years. Hopefully he is still there and bigger!!!!!

• Like 1

My wife's portal says she got a leftover. Yepeee......

Evidence points to me getting my app and check mailed back to me. Nothing in the portal and the hunt has been drawn out for a few days :(

Congrats to you that drew a hunt in the regular or leftover draw.

30a still has tags but nothing in my portal yet what the heck I mailed out Friday

30a still has tags but nothing in my portal yet what the heck I mailed out Friday

Dude being the first to mail out has nothing to do with getting drawn. If that were the case everyone that puts in the first day the draw opens should draw instead of guys that put in on the last day.

Shouldn't being the first to mail out have everything to do with getting Drawn in a first come first serve

The get several THOUSAND envelopes the first day. While they go through the mail from the first day before they go through any mail that comes in on subsequent days, the mail from that first day will have envelopes that were mailed on BOTH Friday and Saturday. The post office just throws it all together in one pile over the weekend and Game and Fish picks up the bins on Monday. Where your envelope falls within those first day mail bins is totally random.

• Like 1

By the way, the updated lists of leftovers are obviously outdated before they're even posted. The list they put out yesterday evening showed no change since the prior day in the number of tags for the javelina hunt I put my girl in for, but this morning her portal was updated as having received the tag. They probably update the list early in the day, but keep processing applications until closing time. So, by the time the updated list is actually posted they've already burned through quite a few more tags.

By the way, the updated lists of leftovers are obviously outdated before they're even posted. The list they put out yesterday evening showed no change since the prior day in the number of tags for the javelina hunt I put my girl in for, but this morning her portal was updated as having received the tag. They probably update the list early in the day, but keep processing applications until closing time. So, by the time the updated list is actually posted they've already burned through quite a few more tags.

The updated list is a day behind. If you look at the date on top it will say updated 8/2 for today

The updated list is a day behind. If you look at the date on top it will say updated 8/2 for today

I know. They posted it yesterday at about 5:30pm. My point is that by the time they had posted it they had already awarded tags that were not reflected on the document. They didn't process my girl's pig tag application in the middle of the night, it was done sometime yesterday during business hours--it just showed up on the portal overnight.

I got really lucky and got the leftover 12a fall turkey tag. lol. I'm wondering if they will get rid of them all? It's always fun to go check out the kaibab though.