Sign in to follow this  
QCwtAddict

Stupid trick shot?

are kids that stupid?

I remember having an archery contest with 2 of my friends when I was a kid, we would shoot arrows straight up into the air and whoever got the arrow to land closest to them without moving, was the winner. These weren't toy bows; we deer hunted with them. Spent a whole day doing that. This without YouTube providing inspiration.

• Like 3

are kids that stupid?

I remember having an archery contest with 2 of my friends when I was a kid, we would shoot arrows straight up into the air and whoever got the arrow to land closest to them without moving, was the winner. These weren't toy bows; we deer hunted with them. Spent a whole day doing that. This without YouTube providing inspiration.

yikes!

Robin Hood shot an apple of someone's head, common children story that we all grew up hearing and i doubt any of us tried that

I'm not sure I believed the story when I was a kid. LOL. But now the story is believable watching the video.

People die every year for doing dumb stuff. Doesn't matter if it's on a video or not. I've done things as a kid that I surprised I didn't end up in a hospital more often. You can take videos off the web all you want, kids and some adults will still attempt things that will possibly be fatal.

Maybe we should just make a law that states we can't do anything that might hurt or kill us! That way we can eliminate just about everything! Problem solved!

You guys said that video is a bad influence, the op is mad at it. Boys have been boys forever without fake cam Hanes vids

Bothered at the person who did it and more so the group that thinks it's a good idea to share it on Facebook, not the internet.

are kids that stupid?

I don't believe I would have shared that lol

Robin Hood shot an apple of someone's head, common children story that we all grew up hearing and i doubt any of us tried that

That was William Tell actually.

I had a feeling I had that wrong

We have all done dumb things in our lives that could have killed us or our friends. Fortunately, cell phones and the internet were not around back then to document and share our attempts at earning a Darwin award. Anyone want to have a bb gun war?.....

With that said, I do think what he did was reckless. If it was some no-name hillbilly I wonder if there would be as much discussion or simply a passing comment about winning stupid awards. As a parent, I think it was stupid given that he IS a "role model" for some.

As a dude, I thought it was...welll...a dude thing.

• Like 1

You guys said that video is a bad influence, the op is mad at it. Boys have been boys forever without fake cam Hanes vids

I ain't mad. Just saying that some poor kid that thinks Cam is cool, could try and imitate and shoot his buddy's face off. Point taken that we don't need the internet to do dumb stuff, flip side is - clearly we don't need help thinking of dumb stuff to do either.

• Like 1

Play stupid games.... Win stupid prizes.... If people actually try stuff like this then they get what they deserve when things go wrong.

Darwin is awesome!

• Like 6