Red Rabbit

New B&C World Record Coues

Dunno Bill... as much as we here on CWT love coues, I wouldn't think the new WR coues would bring that much.. just not nearly as popular of an animal as a regualr WT..

The Hansen buck was the epiteme of all that is hunting here in North America.. the "perfect" specimen.. and is still regarded as such to this day, so many years later.. Same with the Jordan buck killed so many years back..

I would think that a coues WR would make headlines, but no where near to the extent the Hansen buck did.. a WR coues would be kinda like the new WR muskox or Sitka blacktail.. Cool? Heck yes! BUT, people would just as quickly forget all about it and be right back to talking about the next big WT to come out of Iowa, Ohio, Texas, or whereever it may be..

Back to that 21 day full bag Tanzanian safari.. Man, that would ROCK!!

Dunno Bill... as much as we here on CWT love coues, I wouldn't think the new WR coues would bring that much.. just not nearly as popular of an animal as a regualr WT..

The Hansen buck was the epiteme of all that is hunting here in North America.. the "perfect" specimen.. and is still regarded as such to this day, so many years later.. Same with the Jordan buck killed so many years back..

I would think that a coues WR would make headlines, but no where near to the extent the Hansen buck did.. a WR coues would be kinda like the new WR muskox or Sitka blacktail.. Cool? Heck yes! BUT, people would just as quickly forget all about it and be right back to talking about the next big WT to come out of Iowa, Ohio, Texas, or whereever it may be..

Back to that 21 day full bag Tanzanian safari.. Man, that would ROCK!!

We are on the same track. World records are not equal. For two years I held the world record for a Siberian roebuck I shot in Mongolia on one of those old "budget" elk hunts there ($4,000 including air fare from San Francisco and sightseeing in Beijing). I was the SCI record book's editor at the time and I felt it was wrong for editors to publish their own trophies, so I didn't enter it. Point is, no one would have thrown money at me nor would I have made headlines if I had.

Don't know how much someone would pay for a world record Coues deer. It would be more than for a world record specimen of any of the many other small whitetail subspecies in North, Central and South America, but how much more is the question.

Don't give up on your dream, but you might consider altering it a bit. At the moment Zimbabwe is still open and it's more affordable than Tanzania, Botswana or Zambia, and you can take four of the Big Five there. You won't get East Africa's unique antelope, but you can have your 21-day dangerous game safari in Zim for about the price of a fully equipped GMC pickup truck with a deluxe Polaris quad loaded in the back. There's nothing shabby about southern Africa's antelope, either. You might also want to look into a roan, leopard and lion safari in Burkino Faso, which is even more affordable than Zim.

Bill Quimby

i'd get it scored, wait until it was officially reco'nized, then sell it to the highest bidder and donate the money to the Lark Preservation Society and Huntin' and Fishin' Fund. if somebuddy would pay me a bunch to have some "seminars" i'd do that too. til folks figgerd out i wernt nothin' special, like everbuddy else. it's all about the hunt and memories. take some photos, eat the meat, stack the rack in the corner with the rest of em. Lark.

i'd get it scored, wait until it was officially reco'nized, then sell it to the highest bidder and donate the money to the Lark Preservation Society and Huntin' and Fishin' Fund. if somebuddy would pay me a bunch to have some "seminars" i'd do that too. til folks figgerd out i wernt nothin' special, like everbuddy else. it's all about the hunt and memories. take some photos, eat the meat, stack the rack in the corner with the rest of em. Lark.

FINALLY!!!! Something that Lark and I can agree on 100%!!!!! :P :P :lol: :lol: :P :lol: :D

I would take the money and the replica!!! ;)

i would tell every one post pics were ever i could and tell the hunt story to every one...

i would keep the original and send fakes to bass pro and cabellas.. get way good house alarm. put it behind bullet resistant glass and show it to every one i could..... then host a coues white tail party and brag about it :D ... i would also let you get your pic by it so you can say you shot it to all your friends haha

I agree with Lark! My father always told me that he measured peoples animals for the animal. Not for the individual who shot it. Coues deer just don't hold the status of the eastern bucks. Pray god it stays that way.

I agree with Lark, too (I've been doing a lot of that lately), but I can't believe I'm the only guy on this thread who plans to jump, click heels, spit and yell after shooting a world's record Arizona whitetail.

Bill Quimby

:)

I agree with Lark, too (I've been doing a lot of that lately), but I can't believe I'm the only guy on this thread who plans to jump, click heels, spit and yell after shooting a world's record Arizona whitetail.

Bill Quimby

:)

bill, you better stop agreeing with lark, we all know thats not good for your health or image!

Lark, I'm getting good on my banjo!

you better git good at it. i hear they are re-makin' "deliverance" and you oughta have a good chance at playin' the banjo pickin' kid. i mean heck, ya look just like him. 'specially around the eyes. Lark.