Sign in to follow this  
galiuromulepacker

AZGF Restrict Use of Trail Cameras

No camping within 1/4 mile of a water hole is just one example of a law that has probably been in the books forever yet I have never seen it enforced.

I found a note on my truck a few years back in 7w. The note advised me to move my camp because i was to close to a water hole. The note was signed azgfd. I called b.s. because g+f is not leaving hand written notes. Also when i set up camp i ranged the tank at 450 yards. I didn't move my camp.

• Like 1

No camping within 1/4 mile of a water hole is just one example of a law that has probably been in the books forever yet I have never seen it enforced.

I saw it enforced on the kaibab once. Guys had to move their camp they didn't know they were near a trickle tank

Ive had azgfd leave notes on my truck. They usually leave their name and business card.

No business card with my note.

They could always treat it like the poaching hotline where the public can call in the GPS cord to any camera found violating the new law after which the G&F would issue the snitch a reward of some kind. There are more than enough T.C. haters out there to police this new law for the G&F if done this way.

This would require g & f to hike to the cords... not gonna happen

I haven't seen a Game and Fish officer in the field in 15 years! And I spend more time than most on here in the field, guiding and hunting. If you dont spend time in the units, how they going to find trail cams?

Come and find mine...I dare you!

Me too. And I'm up north every month.

I wish they would enforce that one more often! Not saying you can't camp on a river or lake but when I get an area 3 days early and set up camp 2+ miles from an area I like that holds water then find someone is camped on the dam water! Erks me!! I just try to relocate critters but it really does move them all over the place.

Been in the works or awhile. Not sure what the current proposal looks like but last I heard was they would outlaw them within a 1/4 mile of a water source.

My opinion, 1/4 mile is extreme. I think 200 yards would be a more reasonable number. Plus, how do they define a water source? A seep? A wash that holds water anytime it rains? Irrigation ditch/line? Water spigot? An area of a wash that may hold water 1/2 the year? A mud puddle?

I heard that the law will be for no cams within a quarter mile of a "man made" water sources.

Been in the works or awhile. Not sure what the current proposal looks like but last I heard was they would outlaw them within a 1/4 mile of a water source.

My opinion, 1/4 mile is extreme. I think 200 yards would be a more reasonable number. Plus, how do they define a water source? A seep? A wash that holds water anytime it rains? Irrigation ditch/line? Water spigot? An area of a wash that may hold water 1/2 the year? A mud puddle?
I heard that the law will be for no cams within a quarter mile of a "man made" water sources.
Almost every pond in az is man made. Obviously trick tanks as well. So if that the case seeps and springs will be the only thing you can put them on.

I went out and pulled all of my cams that I had on water tanks. Not because of the law (not yet enacted) or threat of theft, but because it seems a new "couth" or moral is becoming widely accepted among the ethical hunters that putting cams on tanks is uncouth or not in keeping with the developing opinion in the community. It hasn't been a problem with my cams as mine were the only ones present and hardly anybody else ever came through.

I do not know if I am going to adhere to a 1/4 mile standard, though.