Sign in to follow this  
galiuromulepacker

AZGF Restrict Use of Trail Cameras

Popcorn.....

Waiting for the few on here that HAVE to share their LONG opinion on trail cams every time the subject comes up

• Like 2

I fu**ing hate the government and its over reaching laws... I haven't placed a camera out in years, but they have no right to tell me I cannot photograph animals

• Like 10

I do not have cameras but this has a big mess written all over it. What it someone puts a camera in a saddle on s game trail and 300 yards down in the bottom of a canyon is an unknown spring. What are they going to do? Stake it out to see who comes to check the card?

• Like 3

Momma told me not to get a tattoo of Roy Orbison, but what momma don't know don't hurt her.

my momma said my mmmmoommma saaa my mommmmmmma saaaas my mmm mmmy momma saaaasiiid trail cans are the devil!!

Oh no......we suck again!

• Like 1

I like the one where you have a stream / creek/ seeps all thru the bottom of a steep (vertical ) draw/ canyon, - less than a 1/4 mile up down or sideways-- all the deer trails are along the rim so, for the whole length of the draw / canyon boths sides for over 2 miles - is it against the new law to place a camera.

I can agree with how are they going to accomplish the enforcement ---other than tanks-water- where they can drive their truck too!

In nearly 40 yrs of hunting/ fishing/hiking /camping across this great state - I've have never seen a law enforcement officer out of his truck or far from it--- and never in the field where i'm hunting

This would be an over-reach.

And I wish them luck. I hope they're in awesome shape and have some killer boots.

As a few of you know when more and more people do any one thing it soon gets out of control and needs some control. Some already know not to put cameras at or near water holes the other idiots need some control.

IF they pass such a law, I think it will be as a "deterrent" rather than an active pursuit type thing. There are a LOT of laws on the books that they don;t enforce regularly, but they CAN enforce when they choose to or need to for whatever reason. Lots of people out riding unlicensed motor vehicles for example. I ride a LOT(mine are all properly licensed though), and have NEVER been stopped. I also don;t abuse the trails/roads I ride on and have never given them reason to stop and check me.

I think they are very aware of the hostility game cams are causing and want a way to do something about it if the NEED arises to resolve an issue. I seriously doubt they are intending to outright BAN all cameras. As has been said, impossible to enforce. They will NOT waste the resources to do so.

• Like 1

They could always treat it like the poaching hotline where the public can call in the GPS cord to any camera found violating the new law after which the G&F would issue the snitch a reward of some kind. There are more than enough T.C. haters out there to police this new law for the G&F if done this way.

No camping within 1/4 mile of a water hole is just one example of a law that has probably been in the books forever yet I have never seen it enforced.

• Like 4