ajohunter

Bow recomendations

Ok I am looking for input on what you think is a good bow and why. I have shot Parker bows for many years but am in the market for a new one. Not worried about cost so fire away! Thanks everyone!

I would look at the new 2008 Bowtechs! The newest models are the airbornes in the 101 and 82 and the 82 is just a shorter brace height but has an IBO speed in the 350's!!! I don't know of any shops in AZ that has them yet but bowtech is suppose to ship them out before christmas. Also the General is another new model. It is a center pivot design like the guardian and commander only it has different cams and a larger brace height. I have shot it and it is a very smooth forgiving bow that has good speed. I am a huge bowtech fan and recomend them everybody.

I am sure you will be hearing from people to buy Matthews saying catch us if you can but bowtech caught them and passed them up several years ago :D

Also I am sure Bownut will chime in saying Hoyt. If you want a lead pipe with a string I can make it for you ;) Sorry Dallas had to do it

You are going to get a TON of different responses to this one. Everyone is going to recommend the bow that they shoot and tell you why. Nothing wrong with listening to them, but you really need to get a bow that really "fits" you. I shoot a Hoyt, but a Hoyt may not "fit" you. You may be best suited with a Mathews or PSE or some other brand.

Best advice I could give is to get into your local archery shop and shoot as many bows as they will let you. You will know which one is the right one just by shooting it. It will just feel right compared to all the other bows. I shot a Mathews for many years. I never shot any other bow and just assumed because it was a Mathews that I was shooting a good bow. Well, the bow was good, but it wasn't really right for me. Last year I picked up a Hoyt and shot it and was amazed at the difference. I immediately shot better and then realized that all this time I was shooting a bow that just didn't fit my body and shooting style. I shot some other bows and the Hoyt was leaps and bounds better for me. It may not be true for everyone, but the Hoyt is a much better bow for me.

Keep us updated on your search. Don't be afraid to ask a million questions either. Looking for a new bow could drive a guy crazy!! Good luck to you.

I shoot for Hoyt and would love to say go buy a Hoyt it's the best bow you will ever shoot.It will be. :P But what you need to do is go to a few shops and shoot as many brands as you can get your hands on and find what you like. Every bow company out there makes a great bow but you need to find the bow that is great for you. I shot Hoyt bows for three years before I started shooting for them. There bows are just what "I" liked and they felt better and shot better then the others for ME. You may not think so when you shoot one. But I doubt it LOL!! :P Just keep and open mind and don't let the guy at the shop sell you what he likes get the bow you like!!

Man I had to walk away from my typing for a couple min. and three of you posted already.BML nailed it.

Younghunter My lead pipe and string out scored your Blowtech/Cubic Zirconium every time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

I have to agree with BML and Bow Nut. Shoot as many bows as you can. You will just know it when you shoot the right bow for you. I did it two years ago when I was looking for a new bow and it took me a month and a half to find the right one. It did kind of drive me nuts trying to decide which one I wanted untill I found the bow for me. For me it was an AR, made by PSE. When I shot it I just knew it was the one. Kinda like love at first sight. :P

Man I had to walk away from my typing for a couple min. and three of you posted already.BML nailed it.

Younghunter My lead pipe and string out scored your Blowtech/Cubic Zirconium every time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

That is because you cheat by using a scope :ph34r:

To be brutally honest you will not find much difference between the manufacturers of the top line equipment. I would go shoot some bows then get on ebay and see what you can find. My brother and I got our bowtechs last year for half of retail they were demos. It doesnt really matter what bow you shoot as long as you shoot it accurately. My buddy has a 98 model pse and he can shoot quarters at 60 yards. ya his bow has a little noise but just 2 cents. I would not buy a retail one just because you will pay thru the nose. It's all marketing that s what they want you to believe. i got a bow last year. All I know is shoot what you can and try and get a used or demo you will save a ton of money.

I shoot a mathews switchback xt long draw and love it. I dont know the first thing about any other bow, but I know the one i shoot works great for me. In the last couple years I have killed a mule deer buck at 78 yards, a bull elk at 20 yards and a cow elk at 55/65 yards. My first shot at my cow this year was 55 yards and second shot was at 65. Every shot on each was a complete pass through. My 65 yard shot on my cow was very loud since the arrow broke a rib on the way in, and broke a rib on the way out and the arrow was laying on the ground about 15 yards behind where she was standing. It shoots fast and quite and kills. Now, I know that there are a lot of other factors involved, but I have been impressed with my xt. Just my experience.

twoguns

Well I just bought a Black Ice, and Love it! I went out and shoot 5 different bows and bought the B.I. .I thought I wanted the Parker Hornet 2-plus but it was loud and didn't care for the way it felt drawing back! I have to say go to a shop or dealer and shoot as much as they will let you. I can say my wife bought me a Diamond for Christmas and my birthday and be proud of it! Have fun and good luck shopping for the right one! ;) Check out the web site Huntersfriend.com lots of info on it.

To be brutally honest you will not find much difference between the manufacturers of the top line equipment.

Not sure I agree with this there is a difference between 2 bows from the same manufacture. And even more difference from one manufacture to another.

For example Mathews Hoyt and Bowtech all have different cams not one pulls like the other. And a huge one for me is the grips and there feel. All of them are different.

I would go shoot some bows then get on ebay and see what you can find.

Does the manufacture still cover these bows under there warranty? I know bowtech keeps very good track as to the retailer that sells there bows with serial # and they ask for it when doing any warranty work at the retailer.

jnobleinaz

Please do not take any of this the wrong way. Just trying to help. :P

My forum name says it all

Mathews all the way!

I also recomend you shoot all as others have said get what fits you

i have shot mathews since thier conception and lovem to death but i think that there is better out there now or its a more level playing field now, if your looking for a short axle to axle bow, look them up, if you want speed, look at bowtech or pse, if you want a longer ATA bow hoyt has great options. My next bow will prob be a hoyt.

p.s. i love my mathews but thier grips are horrid