Sign in to follow this  
IAMMAC

Falken Wildpeak MT

Does anyone have a set of these? I currently have BFG AT KO2 and am in need of new tires. I have no complaints with BFGs just looking at options.

I've been running Hankook Dyna Pro MT's and have had good luck with them. They don't chunk like the BFG Mudders do. Discount Tire has them.

• Like 1

I had Falken on my toyota tacoma when I first purchased it (came with the truck), had the street tire version, still took it off road and it lasted bout 35,000 miles for me til the threads were all gone. I did have alignment and strut issue for a short time so that increased tire wear. It was a good tire for the price, never got cut up on sharp rocks which I thought was going to happen.

I have them on my expedition. They are good for the money but what I dont like is how if you look at the tread head on you can see the grooves don't go as deep on the three main strips as they do on the "knobs". So when you get down to half tread you have three continuous strips with no grooves in them at all. Hard to explain but if you look close you will see what I'm talking about.

I still have them on the front and put cooper discoverys on the back. When the front wheres down the rest of the way im going to stick with the discovery I think. I think that discount owns rights to the discovery so they should always have them. I don't like mismatching so I asked and that's what they told me.

Also got Bfg MUDs on my f250 and don't care for how much they chuck rocks when they are new.

I'm about to put Cooper STT Muds on the F250.. I have Goodyear Kevlars on the Yukon and they're awesome.

I've only used the A/T's had them in my Yukon and now have the AT3's on my jeep. My dad has run the A/T's on his F250 for years with good results. No experience with the M/T.

I had a set on my '13 F250. They were not loud and road well but I could not stand the look after they wore down exactly like CatfishKev explained. My tire guy said I had another year on them. Then one developed a crack that was widening and working it's way down to the bead. Discount tire stepped up and warrantied it. The tread pattern changed and I do not like different patterns so I used the credit towards a set of Toyo R/T's.

100x better but also costed 2x as much.

The original falken wildpeak a/t was a junk tire, they looks like crap after it was worn a little, and provided little to no traction as a few people already stated. The falken m/t is not a common tire, doesn't meant it's a bad tire but at least they changed the design of the a/t, but I would look elsewhere. Either a cooper stt or nitto, or hankook. toyo and bfg are still the best choices

• Like 1