bigorange

7E archery cow tag

Friend is up there now and so far has seen 100s of deer and zero elk. I know nothing about the unit, but hoping someone can help with some info to at least locate some herds. Not sure what specific areas he's hunting but zero fresh elk sign either.

I just hiked Abineau canyon today. Saw a lot of hunters in the flats on the way up, no recent elk sign anywhere. I think they are all in 7W on Kendrick and Sitgreaves.

My first thought is go higher, up in the wilderness area. If it has not gotten cold yet they are still probably up high unless he can find some resident herds down lower.

I say the opposite. Get in the Junipers and glass. Leave the pines, I bet $100 he has been in the white horse hills.

• Like 1

7e can be interesting for sure. 2 years ago in december we went low with success. Last year low was terrible in december.

I spent a 20 hour day on Saturday looking for elk in 7E on Saturday. Glassed for at least 10 hours. I glassed a total of 4 elk. A small 5x5 and 3 cows. Tons of deer, and a few antelope.

One half-hearted bugle about 5:15AM down low.

To be honest, I am getting nervous for my upcoming hunt that is my first elk tag this century....

I spent a 20 hour day on Saturday looking for elk in 7E on Saturday. Glassed for at least 10 hours. I glassed a total of 4 elk. A small 5x5 and 3 cows. Tons of deer, and a few antelope.

One half-hearted bugle about 5:15AM down low.

To be honest, I am getting nervous for my upcoming hunt that is my first elk tag this century....

Did you buy point guard? If you're at max, use it and try again next year?