Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

Spain & Russia 2017

Well I didnt draw a single tag in about 10 state draws but that didnt stop me from going hunting.

Just back from 3 1/2 weeks in Spain and Russia. In Spain, I was after Iberian red stag and a Fallow buck. Was successful in taking fantastic representatives of both.

We then headed over to the Moscow and on to the Caucasus Mountains in the south of the country.

I hunted these same mountains on the far SE end last year in Azerbaijan for the Dagestan Tur.

This trip had us in the middle part and far west end of the range. In the west, you find the Kuban Tur and Caucasian chamois. In the middle portion of the range, you find the naturally occurring hybrid between the Dagestan and Kuban, calling them the Mid Caucasian Tur.

It was an incredible trip. It wrapped everything I love about our sport into one trip. Exotic travel, incredible trophies, big mountains, difficult conditions, different cultures and people, new foods, sights and smells. A trip I will never forget. This trip puts me one Capra (goats) away from my personal hunting goal of a Capra super 20. Hopefully Ill complete this journey next year in Switzerland with an Alpine ibex. Hope you enjoy the photos.

• Like 6

As always I love looking at your trips and your pictures. Great job! beautiful animals.

• Like 1

My Caucasian chamois from Karachay-Cherkessia, Russia.

So what do the people who live here do for a living? Herders?

• Like 1

Very impressive collection. Thanks for stopping by and sharing the pics, looks like some amazing adventures