idgaf

Which trophy is a greater accomplishment?

Whats the greater accomplishment  

98 members have voted

1. 1. which is a greater accomplishment

• 850 yard shot at 110" coues with a 6.5 creedmore from a tripod
    • 12 yard shot at a forked horn coues with a longbow

shooting a forkhorn is like porking a fat chick, you don't tell your friends about it..

Speak for yourself.
I always do
I would drive around and show it off.

you would shoot a forky on purpose?
If thats all I could find!

Whats wrong with shooting forkies? Ive taken a couple of them home on the last day of my hunts. Theyre the best tasting deer you can find in Arizona. Id be happy to shoot a doe if they ever made it legal again. Only thing tastier than a baby buck is a baby doe.

Kinda tough question for me. The long rifle shot is a testament of marksmanship, but not so much hunting skill. The chip shot on the coues is a testament of bow hunting sneakiness etc, but not a tough shot even for trad gear.

I’m going with the bow shot, because I think there’s many fewer that are able to accomplish that than the long range shot with a high dollar rifle, ballistic computer, etc.

haha you do know he said Forky right? it doesnt take hunting skill or sneakiness to get with in 12 yards of a forky, even longshooter can get that close to one. Of coarse he would miss even with a shotgun.

There’s lots of guys around that have been trying for years to get ANY Coues Deer with a bow. A spike can bust you just as well as a 110”. I’ve killed both with a bow... and been busted by both. Maaaaaany times.

You don’t get busted at 850 yards by anything unless you’re hunting with a marching band

There are some people that do the same on muleys and still have the same problem let alone not seeing a animal the whole time has nothing to do with coues everything to do with the hunter both rifle and archery, you read about it all the time on this and every other website.

I dont care what, how or how big of one someone shoots its always cool to see they were successful. some people to shoot the 1st thing they see and some like to wait, thats a personal thing.

for me I killed enough crap in my life, now I just take my kids. if I see something I think is worth shooting I will attempt to shoot it.

i dont like deer or elk in this state as it taste like butt, so if I shoot something its going to have to be worth me cleaning it hauling it back to the truck then finding someone to share it with when I get back to town.

my kids on the the hand they shoot it they clean it and eat it, preferably before we get to the truck ;) My daughters not picky she will shoot any legal buck or bull. seen her draw on a raghorn bull 2 years ago while a 300 bull was 20 yards farther away (it was 50 the rag horn was 30) she went for the raghorn but didnt like the shot so passed.

bottom line a forky is a young and dumb deer, doesnt make any difference the only difference is the hunter.

shooting a forkhorn is like porking a fat chick, you don't tell your friends about it..

Speak for yourself.
I always do
I would drive around and show it off.

you would shoot a forky on purpose?
If thats all I could find!

i think its fun to pass on them. but i usally only get opportunities at dinks anyway

Whats wrong with shooting forkies? Ive taken a couple of them home on the last day of my hunts. Theyre the best tasting deer you can find in Arizona. Id be happy to shoot a doe if they ever made it legal again. Only thing tastier than a baby buck is a baby doe.

different strokes for different folks. we shot a forky last day a few years ago. i dont see how in the heck shooting a forky compares to getting a 110" coues though like apparently everyone else does.

does hunting was fun back in the day. we used to do it in Kaibab. Dad always enjoyed it. he was one of those people who couldn't find deer but an absolute blast to hunt with. matter of fact his doe was shot coming out of another hunters tent because the other hunters already shot theres 30 mins prior. they flagged us down while we were walking down a road.

Dad still missed a few times yes even at 10 yards on a stupid doe. he finally shot it when I was looking over his shoulder telling him aim higher lower more to the right.

we were on our way home in less than 2 hours after the hunt. with 2 does we had arrived form phoenix 1 hour before sunrise that morning. talk about a long road trip.

so 5-1 people think that shooting a forky with a recurve is a greater accomplishment than a 110" coues with a rifle.

why?

because the only thing Ive shot with my recurve in 15 years was a jack rabbit at 10 feet. Didnt kill it, just went thru both ears! Both are trophies, the close archery hunt is a better experience in my opinion.

Forky>Boone and Crockett. fascinating

First off, I’m by no means bagging on the long range guys. That kind of shooting is an impressive skill. If we’re talking about marksmanship? The nod has to go to the long range shot. If we’re talking about hunting skill? That deer, whether it be a stupid forky or a 130” monster coues who’s so brilliant he could fix your taxes for you and beat you at chess will have absolutely zero chance of winding you or hearing you at that range. To get a deer, any deer, at 12 yards you have to beat their nose eyes and ears. That’s more of a hunting feat to me.

I’ve never killed anything with a rifle but have killed more than a few with a bow. 113” coues, 155” mule deer, and a array of smaller ones. They were all easy. The hard ones were the ones that busted me and ran away, big or small.

That’s one of the great things about our sport, regardless of your preference there’s a season and weapon to suit you.

• Like 3

To each their own bud, Id rather kill a 110 inch with a spear but that wasnt an option on the poll.

Shoot a 110" with a scud missle and the forky with a blow dart gun For all I care id still take the 110. I don't think I've ever even seen a 110

• Like 1

I would shoot a spike at 850 and not give a **** what any one thinks. When you buy my tag and gas you can critique my decisions.

• Like 7

why kill an immature deer is my question?? Of course I'd kill the bigger buck. That forky could grow into your next 120" deer.. but what do I know