Sign in to follow this  
JBenz63

need optic advise

I was wondering if anybody has had some field time with the Meopta B1 15x56 HDs? I was looking at purchasing a new pair of 15x56 SLCs but first wanted to see how the Meopta's performed. If anybody has compared these side by side in the field I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks a bunch!

The be all and end all of 15x56's is the SLC. The Meopta is an excellent unit, however, it is not the same as the SLC. The old saying of "Buy once, cry once" comes to mind. You buy the SLC and you'll never question the purchase or ever think to upgrade.

Neither is a cheap unit so the pain of the difference isn't that harsh.

We can assist you with either one of these, be our pleasure

Just my $.02

• Like 1

I have the meoptas, and have compared them in the field to the swaro HD. Doug is right, the swaro is a step up from the meopta, albeit a small one. The slc has better edges and I thought were a tad brighter at last light. I got my meoptas for $1050 used, you're looking at $800-900 more for the swaros. the difference may or may not be worth it to you. The meoptas are incredible but if money isn't a concern then go swaro but make sure you get the HD, I actually liked the meopta better than the pre HD swaros.

• Like 1

I run the Meopta HD 15x56. Have had them for a few years, with hundreds of hours a year behind them.

I also got mine for under $1100. With Swaro SLC HD being around the $2300 MSRP range, that is less than half.

I have compared mine side by side with both the HD and non-HD.

Compared to the non-HD, my Meoptas are noticeably better. Clarity, brightness & color.

Against the HD, the Swaros are clearer to the very edge. But I still think the color in the Meopta is better for my eyes. I found no discernable difference in brightness. Both were able to pick out deer well past legal shooting light, almost to full dark.

If you can afford either, go SLC HD. I had the money and full intention of buying the Swaro SLC HD when I bought my Meoptas. Glad I did.

• Like 3

I have a pair of cabelas euro hd 15x56 and love them. If you want to check them out I will be at the archery range at Ben Avery this Saturday at 9 am. I have a buddy that wants to check them out as well and fling some arrows. You are more than welcome to come check them out. Oh and the warranty is if it breaks you walk into cabelas and walk out with a new pair.

• Like 1

Thanks a bunch guys, that's the additional info I was looking for. I really was concerned on if the swaro was worth the extra $1000 or more. I would guess in 3-4 years something better will come out and be "the best" so I am going to go with the Meoptas. 6ANut, if I am out there this weekend I will definitely give you a shout.

I went Swarovski because I know I can always sell them for top dollar if I want to change. Excellent customer service too. Send them back for repair and they usually do more than needed. Just seemed a better investment to me

• Like 1

I had the same issue and messaged lance about it. You have a bino that is everything what Swaros are at 98% and you save about 900-1000 dollars!! Whats there to figure out???

Save your money and buy one time, there’s a reason everybody wants to compare to Swarvoski (hint hint) and like mentioned they ALWAYS hold their value..