Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

Has anyone considered how the non hunting public would feel about this education fund being raised by raffling/auctioning off the opportunity to hunt animals? I may be wrong but I worry about a backlash from the very same people that we're try to get on our side.

game and fish already does it for habitat.
And the the majority of the non hunting public has no idea.
that is why the education is important. The general public has no idea about anything Game and Fish does. And the anti hunters are lying to the public unabated.

I'm not arguing the need to educate. I'm pointing out that in my opinion raffling and auctioning tags to generate the education funds is likely to backfire. There are other ways to raise the funds that are not as risky.

You are trying to twist words to fit your narrative, so I will explain it again. CAPAZ is the group that has to do the work for Game and Fish to be able to auction or raffle tags. They have never claimed they would posses the tags. Really isn't that difficult to understand, and if you cant grasp the concept, you are in no position to even begin to think you can take on a political powerhouse like HSUS.

I understand the disconnect between the two arms of CAPAZ. I understand the tags will support education to the 70% of the AZ residents that have no opinion on hunting.

What I am asking you in the simplest terms how is the political arm funded?

IF you ask me to draw a conclusion from your somewhat evasive answers, I would say the political arm is funded by the elite hunters that money is secondary and hunting areas that right now money can not buy every year would be their interest. Please enlighten me and let me know how this conclusion is wrong.

Their political funding is their business. You can draw your own conclusions. You can also hire your own lawyers and consultants and form your own 501c (4) and tell your donors you are going to make their contributions public. Let me know how many big businesses you get to donate.
  • Like 1

Has anyone considered how the non hunting public would feel about this education fund being raised by raffling/auctioning off the opportunity to hunt animals? I may be wrong but I worry about a backlash from the very same people that we're try to get on our side.

game and fish already does it for habitat.
And the the majority of the non hunting public has no idea.
that is why the education is important. The general public has no idea about anything Game and Fish does. And the anti hunters are lying to the public unabated.

I'm not arguing the need to educate. I'm pointing out that in my opinion raffling and auctioning tags to generate the education funds is likely to backfire. There are other ways to raise the funds that are not as risky.

I can agree with that. CAPAZ wants to hear from you.

You are trying to twist words to fit your narrative, so I will explain it again. CAPAZ is the group that has to do the work for Game and Fish to be able to auction or raffle tags. They have never claimed they would posses the tags. Really isn't that difficult to understand, and if you cant grasp the concept, you are in no position to even begin to think you can take on a political powerhouse like HSUS.

I understand the disconnect between the two arms of CAPAZ. I understand the tags will support education to the 70% of the AZ residents that have no opinion on hunting.

What I am asking you in the simplest terms how is the political arm funded?

IF you ask me to draw a conclusion from your somewhat evasive answers, I would say the political arm is funded by the elite hunters that money is secondary and hunting areas that right now money can not buy every year would be their interest. Please enlighten me and let me know how this conclusion is wrong.

Their political funding is their business. You can draw your own conclusions. You can also hire your own lawyers and consultants and form your own 501c (4) and tell your donors you are going to make their contributions public. Let me know how many big businesses you get to donate.

Your right and then I can get some wealthy backers and get them tags every year. Like CAPAZ, right? Do I have to promise them the tags upfront or are they willing to wait for the process to work out?

Idgaf, address that with CAPAZ.

I am addressing it with you as the resident CAPAZ expert. Now in your opinion is my assumption correct or incorrect?

I am addressing it with you as the resident CAPAZ expert. Now in your opinion is my assumption correct or incorrect?
Im relaying the same information available to all of us. Decide on your own if your asdumptions are correct. Do you make a habit of letting others think for you in addition to fighting your battles?

Im relaying the same information available to all of us. Decide on your own if your asdumptions are correct. Do you make a habit of letting others think for you in addition to fighting your battles?

I make the habit of listening to all sides, before coming to a conclusion. Where is this information available? If we were fighting a battle right now, I think your losing.

Idgaf...It is my understanding that the political fund monies would be raised in several ways....Banquets and online raffles much like the existing wildlife organizations use...Donations from the existing wildlife organizations and local businesses and from private donors....I know they are looking at a large number of fundraising options......I’m sure they would be open to suggestions on how to raise money for that fund as well.....Hope this helps....Dave

• Like 1

Naw, you don't want to hear all sides. You want to continue to make this a show and tell, everyone has to show you and tell you. Too bad you didn't get this active when there were actual tag grabbers trying to take actual tags from you.

• Like 1

Naw, you don't want to hear all sides. You want to continue to make this a show and tell, everyone has to show you and tell you. Too bad you didn't get this active when there were actual tag grabbers trying to take actual tags from you.

who are the actual tag grabbers? I do I am asking you questions that you are evading and deflecting. Personally, I do not need a group or credit like many of the people on here to turn non-hunters to people that support hunting. I have turned many cat loving liberals into people that favor hunting.

Now I am asking you again, In your opinion is the political arm funded by special interest that want to purchase these permits from the educational side of CAPAZ?

And I've told you, that is a question for CAPAZ. I know I've donated, and will continue to do so. From what I've heard, and you can't quote me on this, is some big sports retail stores are interested.

Idgaf...It is my understanding that the political fund monies would be raised in several ways....Banquets and online raffles much like the existing wildlife organizations use...Donations from the existing wildlife organizations and local businesses and from private donors....I know they are looking at a large number of fundraising options......I’m sure they would be open to suggestions on how to raise money for that fund as well.....Hope this helps....Dave

That does and thanks. With the help of couple of CWTers I plan on sending you a viable option that you can take to the board to fund the educational side of this endeavor by the end of the weekend.

And I've told you, that is a question for CAPAZ. I know I've donated, and will continue to do so. From what I've heard, and you can't quote me on this, is some big sports retail stores are interested.

Thank you

That does and thanks. With the help of couple of CWTers I plan on sending you a viable option that you can take to the board to fund the educational side of this endeavor.

and you've heard me say it on here, and I will say it again. I have no problem suspending any support i have for tag auctions if it means we can move this forward. Make no mistakes,idgaf, I'm not your enemy and Im here to get us all unified so we can kick HSUS out of Arizona for good.
  • Like 3