Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

Answer my questions. Show us your handle on the various hunting websites so we can check you out. I did meet you and would like to know more about you.

I don't generally bother with hunting websites. It's the same thing over and over, same people arguing amongst themselves for years. You can join Facebook and I will add you to our group, if it means that much to you. Other than that, you have my name and my youtube channel.
Well this isn't just any ol hunting site there amigo. Us coues hunters share a special bond for what's best for us and Arizona. And you ain't it. So take your tag grabbing idea and shove it up your a$$.
and you're the only one that hunts coues? My a$$, along with several others that share my ideas,was at bass pro on monday, you were more than welcome to do the shoving yourself, amigo. Pipe down with that nonsense.
  • Like 1

The last time a tag grab attempt occurred (2012), CWT was ground zero for putting a stop to it. To me, it is obvious CAP, ADA, etc. are aware this is where the latest tag grab attempt will be debated amongst the general hunting public. I believe this is why we have various members, new and old, orchestrating a campaign to sell the idea to the vigilant members here. Fortunately, this proposal will likely die. I will do my best to make it so. I see no need to go to meeting to voice an opinion, these groups have their minds made up, they want tags and nothing else. When the issue is proposed to the commissioners, it will be time for action.

• Like 2

Yes, it's time to just say no, once the attacks and finger pointing and blaming of the average sportsman comes in it's time to shut down the conversation.

Kent

• Like 1

Well this isn't just any ol hunting site there amigo. Us coues hunters share a special bond for what's best for us and Arizona. And you ain't it. So take your tag grabbing idea and shove it up your a$$.

From Websters - definition of "nefarious"

flagrantly wicked or impious : evil

Vicious and villainous are two wicked synonyms of nefarious, and, like nefarious, both mean "highly reprehensible or offensive in character, nature, or conduct." But these synonyms are not used in exactly the same way in all situations. Vicious may imply moral depravity or it may connote malignancy, cruelty, or destructive violence. Villainous applies to any evil, depraved, or vile conduct or characteristic, while nefarious (which derives from the Latin noun nefas, meaning "crime") suggests flagrant breaching of time-honored laws and traditions of conduct.

I'm glad some of you are unable to contribute anything constructive to the discussion, that you are now focusing on trivial things. Nefarious Red is my youtube channel name,adopted from an insult an anti hunter gave me when I was fighting to protect mountain lion hunting in Arizona.

• Like 1

I'm glad some of you are unable to contribute anything constructive to the discussion, that you are now focusing on trivial things. Nefarious Red is my youtube channel name,adopted from an insult an anti hunter gave me when I was fighting to protect mountain lion hunting in Arizona.

Please don't represent the hunting public of Arizona. Your not a good example and not very persuasive.

Please don't represent the hunting public of Arizona. Your not a good example and not very persuasive.

whenever you want to step up and fill in, be my guest. You've done such a good job of doing absolutely nothing thus far.

Ohthatguy, let me get some of your thoughts. Do you believe that we need a strategic plan to combat attempts from anti hunting groups?

Short answer, yes.

I'm still doing my homework on this whole issue. I hadn't heard about this issue until 10 hours prior to the meeting on Tuesday. There are so many conflicting statements and comments that sorting through them has been a bit overwhelming. But, since I've gone down that rabbit hole......

Just a few of the things I am looking into and would like answers to are: (Seems to be one of those deals that the more you dig, the more convoluted it becomes)

• How real is this threat?
  • To what degree, if any, is fear-mongering playing a role in this latest ordeal?
  • If there is, what is the reason and/or what is the ultimate goal? (Don't everyone scream "TAGS!!" at the same time)
  • Who are the players and what sandbox have they played in before? (Yes, I understand that it's a very small group of individuals that appear on almost every board of every group out there)
  • Where does G&F stand on this?
  • If G&F feels they need 2M/year for education and can generate those funds in some way, do the donations for the political fight mysteriously vaporize?
  • More info on what was provided by P.P. for the 250K?

The last thing I want to do is judge or criticize people that are actually helping protect something that all of us on this forum enjoy. I also realize that politics, money and animals rolled into one, can make a pretty fascinating soap opera.

• Like 2

Red, I appreciate that you attempted to educate petitioners concerning the recent ballot initiative by HSUS. Thank you. I just happen to disagree with using a state asset to fund a PAC.

• Like 2

whenever you want to step up and fill in, be my guest. You've done such a good job of doing absolutely nothing thus far.

My doing nothing was probably better for the cause than your antics.

Red, I appreciate that you attempted to educate petitioners concerning the recent ballot initiative by HSUS. Thank you. I just happen to disagree with using a state asset to fund a PAC.

swivelhead,that isn't what is going on. The suggested tag plan, and I say suggested because it is just that, leaves the funds with Game and Fish. And if you reread my posts, I'm all for taking auction tags off the table if we can find alternate funding. Some people here are just looking for an enemy, and I'm not your enemy at all.

Ohthatguy, let me get some of your thoughts. Do you believe that we need a strategic plan to combat attempts from anti hunting groups?

Short answer, yes.

I'm still doing my homework on this whole issue. I hadn't heard about this issue until 10 hours prior to the meeting on Tuesday. There are so many conflicting statements and comments that sorting through them has been a bit overwhelming. But, since I've gone down that rabbit hole......

Just a few of the things I am looking into and would like answers to are: (Seems to be one of those deals that the more you dig, the more convoluted it becomes)

• How real is this threat?
  • To what degree, if any, is fear-mongering playing a role in this latest ordeal?
  • If there is, what is the reason and/or what is the ultimate goal? (Don't everyone scream "TAGS!!" at the same time)
  • Who are the players and what sandbox have they played in before? (Yes, I understand that it's a very small group of individuals that appear on almost every board of every group out there)
  • Where does G&F stand on this?
  • If G&F feels they need 2M/year for education and can generate those funds in some way, do the donations for the political fight mysteriously vaporize?
  • More info on what was provided by P.P. for the 250K?
The last thing I want to do is judge or criticize people that are actually helping protect something that all of us on this forum enjoy. I also realize that politics, money and animals rolled into one, can make a pretty fascinating soap opera.

are you on Facebook? I can give you some very real details about the threats and players from HSUS.

Nefarious can you explain to me why you think auction tags would be a good solution? I'd like to hear opinions from both sides of this issue but as you can tell there's a shortage of pro-tag grab people on here sharing their thoughts on why/how issuing CAPAZ auction tags would be a viable option.

Nefarious can you explain to me why you think auction tags would be a good solution? I'd like to hear opinions from both sides of this issue but as you can tell there's a shortage of pro-tag grab people on here sharing their thoughts on why/how issuing CAPAZ auction tags would be a viable option.

i dont necessarily believe auction tags are the solution. I'd personally like to explore other options to the funding. I support them in general because I think they would get the funding immediately.

Also, CAPAZ does NOT get the tags. The tags are not for CAPAZ to engage in the political battles we need them to. The funds stay with Game and Fish.