Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

First off Delw, as I have stated, I'm not a part of CAPAZ. But they did bail us out on the mountain lion ban, even though you will not acknowledge it, and attribute it ti angry emails from hunters. As if the biggest anti hunting organization in the U.S. spent millions on the ban, then decided to quit because of angry emails.

Second, you are underestimating sportsman support on this. There is a world outside of a few angry voices on this thread. What is going to end up happening is we are going to continue to fight amongst ourselves, and we all are going to lose.

Finally, my group is dedicated to fighting HSUS. We owe it to ourselves and to CAPAZ to listen to their proposals and give our input. And if we can do what we need to do without auction tags, I'm all for it.

funny Pete said in an article that Lance posted in the varmit hunting section a while back that it wasnt his group that stopped it it was the Arizona voters!, Then later on someone in this thread pointed out it was due to someone getting charged in the HSUS group for sex harassment lawsuit. so what is it Did Pete and his merry men save the day single handily? or did HSUS have some internal sex problems or did the hunters voice there concern have a hand it in.

Yes we are going to have infighting when scumbag groups like CAPAZ is trying to get tags. what did they expect the majority of hunters in AZ to start sucking them off for such a proposal?

And who is your Group? any relation to CAPAZ. And if your group di it with out tags or moneys from G&F then Keep up the good work, you dont need Tags and money from G&F now.

First off Delw, as I have stated, I'm not a part of CAPAZ. But they did bail us out on the mountain lion ban, even though you will not acknowledge it, and attribute it ti angry emails from hunters. As if the biggest anti hunting organization in the U.S. spent millions on the ban, then decided to quit because of angry emails.

Second, you are underestimating sportsman support on this. There is a world outside of a few angry voices on this thread. What is going to end up happening is we are going to continue to fight amongst ourselves, and we all are going to lose.

Finally, my group is dedicated to fighting HSUS. We owe it to ourselves and to CAPAZ to listen to their proposals and give our input. And if we can do what we need to do without auction tags, I'm all for it.

Nefarious - I gotta say that you're a passionate hombre! Clearly, you've dedicated yourself to our common cause and that is appreciated. The groups we are being attacked by are a special breed and it certainly appears to me at least, that you match up well my man! Lol.. And I mean zero disrespect as I say that.

That approach on the streets and while confronting petitioners goes over just about as well here on this forum as it does there with those petitioners... I would encourage you do try a new cologne and few less actions on the pumper if you're going to garner support from anyone that is less than 150% in line with your take.

azdirtytaco, lots of things went on behind the scenes. As I've said, I can provide you with some very pertinent information. But we have to talk offline for a bit. I can p.m. you my number.

I find it very scarey when people always say "behind the Scene" and wont provide information in the general public. why is this they dont want to be called out for BS by the general public? and you wonder why HUNTERS are Leary of groups trying to take tags.

Nefarious - I gotta say that you're a passionate hombre! Clearly, you've dedicated yourself to our common cause and that is appreciated. The groups we are being attacked by are a special breed and it certainly appears to me at least, that you match up well my man! Lol.. And I mean zero disrespect as I say that.

That approach on the streets and while confronting petitioners goes over just about as well here on this forum as it does there with those petitioners... I would encourage you do try a new cologne and few less actions on the pumper if you're going to garner support from anyone that is less than 150% in line with your take.

azdirtytaco, lots of things went on behind the scenes. As I've said, I can provide you with some very pertinent information. But we have to talk offline for a bit. I can p.m. you my number.

I find it very scarey when people always say "behind the Scene" and wont provide information in the general public. why is this they dont want to be called out for BS by the general public? and you wonder why HUNTERS are Leary of groups trying to take tags.

CAPAZ and all of the AZ critter groups participated in a low key, behind the scenes strategy that did prove effective in throwing a significant wrench in the gears of HSUS. It wasn't some crazy Spec Op's Covert operation with a code name or anything... Was it THE key to victory??? Who knows really. But it was effective to some extent and to what extent, is a matter of personal opinion/perspective. Regardless, it did contribute to HSUS backing out.

Bottom line on this one and hopefully it will help us from spinning our wheels on this topic:

CAPAZ pooled funds from each of the AZ critter groups amassing $250k to retain the only remaining petitioning group (name of Co has been previously stated) which threw a solid wrinkle in the HSUS plan since there was no other company to use - better to be lucky than good, right? But CAP and all contributing parties knew this (sweet call). In addition, HSUS believed they were seeing resistance from a much larger and more importantly - better funded group (not sure which group but it has been specified). For further clarification:

Lucky Breaks for CAPAZ & Co -

• Recent change to AZ petition law
  • HSUS misidentified resistance group
  • HSUS exec couldn't keep his hands, D!@* pics to himself, whatever...

Stratigic Moves by CAPAZ & Co. -

• Non-public campaign (lead to #2 Lucky Break)
  • Pooling funds from local organizations
  • Knowledge of new petitioning laws and took advantage quickly

Delw, the info on what went down with CAPAZ has been stated on this thread. They also told everyone at last Mondays meeting how it came about. And I know better than to offer you my phone number, because I dont want to end up like DWRAT, getting my stuff put on Craigslist while im in the middle of a poker game.

If Az game and fish had a page on there website addressing the hsus initiative with there own take on what it would have done to the wildlife population here in az would that be political? Seems like they could at least make a statement related to the proposed initiative as to what the detrimental effects would be. I understand they could not actively fight it but making a page on why it's best to let them make wildlife decisions seems pretty legit right? At least if they could do this one thing it would have at least given us hunters something to at least point people to while the battle was still going on. Like if I wanted to hand out flyers at sprouts next to the hippies I could say look here is how game and fish feels about it and have a link to that page along with other scientific data that shows why it would be bad. This war could have even been fought on Facebook if there would have been a link for the undecided to follow from people's fb accounts.

Anybody?

This has been stated a bunch in this thread.

AGFD CANNOT ADDRESS ANYHTING POLITICAL ANYWHERE, ANYHOW OR IN ANY PLACE. IT IS AGAINST STATE LAW.

The only thing AGFD could do is post general comments on managing lions, etc. without reference to HSUS, proposed hunting bans, etc.

Pay no mind to Del. He's the best at everything and knows more than God. Just ask him he will be more than happy to tell you.

• Like 1

Pay no mind to Del. He's the best at everything and knows more than God. Just ask him he will be more than happy to tell you.

And the reason I'm now done with this discussion.

Delw, the info on what went down with CAPAZ has been stated on this thread. They also told everyone at last Mondays meeting how it came about. And I know better than to offer you my phone number, because I dont want to end up like DWRAT, getting my stuff put on Craigslist while im in the middle of a poker game.

he's the one who put my number on Craiglist, so I had to reverse the calls to my employee dwart. found out later(like 6 months later) it was someone else gotta admit that was some funny stuff about the goats.

• Like 1

Dude you have a man crush on me or what?

I'm asking a question cause I dont trust pete and his bunch of merry men I would assume that includes you ;)

And the reason I'm now done with this discussion.

Did you have anything to say to begin with or just another follower ;)

The $250000 was mostly from the sheep society. They sold one tag for $300000 last year. The money on HSUS was spent on political blocking moves. Nefarious is way too in the face at every HSUS protest to be a normal hunter in AZ. He knows all the players and has infiltrated the group so he has plenty of experience. My bet is if he hunted he would hold the gun barrel in instead of out. I don't trust him, Pete or Don as far as I can kick their asses. Knowing how Peay and his group compromised Weiers and used his daughter's lobbying firm in 2012 I would guess this train left the station long ago. People like Hamberlain want to hunt sheep, elk and deer in Arizona whenever they want. Money is no object and tags are a write-off. HSUS is the excuse to get that done. If we give up tags then this state will end up like Utah and that is not good for the North American Model.

• Like 1

figured this red dude was here to side tract from the issue of stealing tags .

almost all comments are about his agenda.

where's the bill that they'll try to push past legislation. It's the same as last time, the only way they can get the tags

Lot's of paranoia from some of you. Still haven't made any progress on the topic.

Do you blame people fo rworrying about the characters involved?

Ive seen plently of progress made in these threads by quite a few guys IDGF is one of them. how ever it may not be the progress you want.

Lot's of paranoia from some of you. Still haven't made any progress on the topic.

Do you blame people fo rworrying about the characters involved?

Ive seen plently of progress made in these threads by quite a few guys IDGF is one of them. how ever it may not be the progress you want.

show me in any of my posts where i have stated what kind of progress I want. I'll wait.