Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

Idgaf....Can you give me a call. 602-228-1719 Thanks Dave

Dave,

in about twenty minutes. I have a last minute thing to do for one of my customers.

Fred

I'm glad to hear hunting stores may be into donating. As said before, the industry ad well as hunters should be the ones to financially support the political fight.

Cabellas, Leopold, Remington, federal etc, could/should all be helping as it is in their best interest for hunting to remain free

I'm glad to hear hunting stores may be into donating. As said before, the industry ad well as hunters should be the ones to financially support the political fight.

Cabellas, Leopold, Remington, federal etc, could/should all be helping as it is in their best interest for hunting to remain free

again, dont quote me on that. But that is why CAPAZ is structured the way it is. So donors don't become targets of opposition groups.

Hey Ringer, see this woman behind me? Shes one of those hippies. She also has a PhD, and does statistical and data analysis for large scientific research firms. She is also a coordinator for HSUS. Lets not down play our adversaries. post-16425-0-49231000-1524268744_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone saying Pittman Robertson funds absolutely can't be used are guessing. The scope may be narrow and only fund a minority of whatever programs G&F decide needed for public education... but then like all funding it often evolves multiple sources. Anything usable from PR reduces the burden of other sources.

I definitely could see a public educational announcement for hunter/prospective hunters, stressing the importance of super predator control (lion, coyote,bear) to alleviate pressure and distress on prey animals where super predators are in abundance and in the same message stress the importance of identifying endangered super predators and the need for their protection from hunting.

Public announcements to all hunters/prospective hunters in the state not just those at hunter safety classes.

Possibly general announcements educating hunters/prospective hunters on how their license and tag fees go to create habitat and wildlife conservation.

If approached the right way there are some messages that could fit into PR funding.

https://wsfrprograms.fws.gov/subpages/grantprograms/HunterEd/HE.htm

Hunter Education - Overview

About
The Hunter Education Program provides grant funds to the states and insular areas fish and wildlife agencies for projects to provide instruction in firearm operations and safety, wildlife management, nature conservation, ethics, game laws, outdoor survival and wilderness first aid. Funds may also be used for the development and operations of archery and shooting range facilities.

The goal is to teach students to be safe, responsible, conservation-minded hunters. Most States require completion of a hunter education course prior to purchasing a hunting license.

The Hunter Education Program is part of the Wildlife Restoration Program. Spending for the Hunter Education Program is authorized in the Wildlife Restoration Act.

Learn more about Wildlife Restoration Program accomplishments.

Source of Funds
States and insular areas are apportioned funds for Hunter Education - Section 4 © (traditional funds) and Hunter Education - Section 10 (enhanced funds). Each state receives an annual apportionment for Section 4 © and Section 10 funds based their population compared to the total U. S. population with no state receiving more than 3 percent or less than 1 percent. Insular areas receive 1/6 of 1 percent.

Revenues from manufacturers' excise taxes collected on pistols, revolvers, bows, arrows, archer accessories and arms and ammunition are deposited to the Wildlife Restoration Account. 1/2 of the excise taxes collected on pistols, revolvers, bows, arrows and archer accessories are used to fund Section 4 ©. After funding Section 4 ©, $8 million is deducted from the Wildlife Restoration Account to fund Section 10.

The funds remaining in the Wildlife Restoration Account fund WSFR administration, the Multistate Conservation Grant Program and the Wildlife Restoration Program.

Section 4 © funds may be used for hunter education projects or wildlife restoration projects. If all Section 4 © funds apportioned in a fiscal year are obligated for hunter education projects, the Section 10 funds apportioned in the same fiscal year may be used for either hunter education or wildlife restoration projects. However, if all Section 4 © funds apportioned in the fiscal year are not obligated for hunter education projects, Section 10 funds must be used for hunter education.

Grants
States and the U.S. Insular Areas fish & wildlife agencies may apply for grants by contacting the specific WSFR Office or apply online at grants.gov.

Grant funds are disbursed to states for approved grants up to 75% of the project costs and insular areas up to 100% of the project costs.

AZ receives about 4 million from section 4 per year and 240,000 from section 10.

Kent

Krp, the kind of outreach necessary to combat attempts from HSUS is outside the scope of Pittman Robertson. We aren't talking about hunter education here. But a systemic plan.

And mind you, the Arizona director of HSUS herself, Kellye Pinkleton, is going into classrooms IN Arizona and spreading their misinformation. We need an aggressive campaign, they aren't just focused on the coming months and years, but generations ahead.

No problem, if you quote me and want to comment on the white part of my post and not the black I'll correct you.

Kent

• Like 1

No problem, if you quote me and want to comment on the white part of my post and not the black I'll correct you.

Kent

again, i think I'll do as I please. Let me know how long you want to continue the pissing contest before we get back to more relevant conversation.

The relevant issue is tags for education.

You addressed me, expect a reply.

Kent

Kent

again, i think I'll do as I please. Let me know how long you want to continue the pissing contest before we get back to more relevant conversation.

A newbie with 29 posts such as this in a day. Such a way to win friends and influence people!