Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

Nefarious is way too in the face at every HSUS protest to be a normal hunter in AZ.

Ringer I gotta give him credit for that ( i didnt watch the vids) but there have been a few to get in the faces of anti although I dont remember anyone doing so for a tag grabbing group.

back in the day when earth 1st was big and popular early 80's a few of us went to there meetings to see what they were up to and who certain people were.

when the antis where hammering varmit hunters aabout yote contests and anti fur stuff again back in the 80's at game and fish a few people infiltrated there group so to speak.

granted we were young and dumb back then but there was no internet so getting info was risky and hard to do.

Lot's of paranoia from some of you. Still haven't made any progress on the topic.

Do you blame people fo rworrying about the characters involved?

Ive seen plently of progress made in these threads by quite a few guys IDGF is one of them. how ever it may not be the progress you want.

show me in any of my posts where i have stated what kind of progress I want. I'll wait.

you said "Still haven't made any progress on the topic."

Reread what I said..... " HOWEVER IT MAY NOT BE THE PROGRESS YOU WANT"

I have no clue what you want nor do I really care. your a cheerleader from someone or something ,like a few others.

• Like 1

red like stated go start anew thread about you and your group

afraid no one will respond.

I don't understand. This thread is about input sought by conserve and protect. He isn't part of capaz. You should be thanking him. Wth?

• Like 1

I'm not here for my group. I'm here to strategize with those interested in finding funding solutions for the proposed Game and Fish outreach plan. And like I've stated several times, but apparently it's in invisible ink, I'm on board with auction tags or no auction tags.
  • Like 1

I'm not here for my group. I'm here to strategize with those interested in finding funding solutions for the proposed Game and Fish outreach plan. And like I've stated several times, but apparently it's in invisible ink, I'm on board with auction tags or no auction tags.

Ok maybe I missed it but what is the " proposed Game and Fish outreach plan." did anyone post it yet?

Delw. There is a very good article posted a few pages back on some States that have implemented a systemic education plan to the public. When this occurs,it makes it very difficult for anti hunting groups to deceive the public with lies like "trophy hunting ". It is an effective strategy.

Currently, HSUS is engaged in not only massive media propaganda, but actually going into classrooms and engaging our children. We need to combat that.

We are facing a serious decline in hunter participation. We have lost several million hunters over a time frame that has also seen veganism rise by 600 percent.

Game and Fish cannot do this type of outreach with Pittman Robertson funds. They need a seperate funding source and legislation has to be written.

So I dont give a crap if we have a bake sale or auction off a few tags. You don't want to auction off tags? Cool, I can get on board with that. I really don't care. But we do need to push on with this plan.

the high end paying clients have the dollars to hire any guide they choose and kill any animal to there liking. Why do they need an auction tag? We have those already. If you make so much dollars than out bid your competition! You can hunt elk every year but you will need to for our all them gold coins to do so or.... wait your turn in the draw.

Becker and his wife kill giants annually in the draw process!!! with out a special super dooper premier exclusive access daylong hunt. If you want to hunt with an auction tag.... buy the dang auction tag!!!!!!!!!

the high end paying clients have the dollars to hire any guide they choose and kill any animal to there liking. Why do they need an auction tag? We have those already. If you make so much dollars than out bid your completion money bags!! You can hunt elk every year but you will need to for our all them gold coins.

i dig what you're saying. I have concerns as well. So let's talk about possible funding strategies and get moving on it.

As I have said I would ultimately like to see a health and wealth style raffle for wildlife. I dont have the money or skills to do it. I will do my best talking with the people who do.

• Like 1

Dustin,

I think you were at the Bass Pro meeting earlier this week. If so, you heard me lay my cards on the table. I am adamantly opposed to additional auction tags. I am opposed to additional raffle tags. I support a fee increase to fund education.

I respectfully have a couple questions that I hope you will take seriously,

-What progress do you want to see and towards what end?

-Are there any States that have set up a system of auction tags with all the money specifically going to their G&F for education in the last couple years? I'd like to understand how it has worked elsewhere. We saw an article about a fee increase working in CO.

-Would it take legislation to place such a fee in place in AZ?

-Can P-R funds be used for ANY kind of education by G&F?

- Has HSUS been successful in banning lion hunting anywhere except CA?

-Someone suggested that your Avatar is Don Peay. Is that true? (I don't know Peay so I ask)

Thanks in advance.

Bruce

the high end paying clients have the dollars to hire any guide they choose and kill any animal to there liking. Why do they need an auction tag? We have those already. If you make so much dollars than out bid your completion money bags!! You can hunt elk every year but you will need to for our all them gold coins.

i dig what you're saying. I have concerns as well. So let's talk about possible funding strategies and get moving on it.

We have xxx,000s. Applicants annually in AZ to hunt on AZ soil. Everyone can share the burden to fund this via a hunting preservation stamp.

• Like 1

Dustin,

I think you were at the Bass Pro meeting earlier this week. If so, you heard me lay my cards on the table. I am adamantly opposed to additional auction tags. I am opposed to additional raffle tags. I support a fee increase to fund education.

I respectfully have a couple questions that I hope you will take seriously,

-What progress do you want to see and towards what end?

-Are there any States that have set up a system of auction tags with all the money specifically going to their G&F for education in the last couple years? I'd like to understand how it has worked elsewhere. We saw an article about a fee increase working in CO.

-Would it take legislation to place such a fee in place in AZ?

-Can P-R funds be used for ANY kind of education by G&F?

- Has HSUS been successful in banning lion hunting anywhere except CA?

-Someone suggested that your Avatar is Don Peay. Is that true? (I don't know Peay so I ask)

Thanks in advance.

Bruce

again, i dont speak for CAPAZ and Im not a member of CAPAZ. You have to ask them those questions. With all due respect, this is like the 5th time ive explained that.

I like your questions and I too am interested in the answers.

I don't know who that is in my Avatar. Its just on ongoing joke on my page. I found the image by doing a Google image search for "rhinestone cowboy." I tell people thats the last known photo of my dad.

Aniother alternative would be to disband the point guard with azgf and make it (point guard) protocol like other states where you can forfeit a tag. In lieu of point guard the hunting preservation stamp could be available to purchase to head off anti groups. We would need to have a return of sorts that would prompt hunters to support this. Maybe have local taxidermy kick in a free mount if you buy the stamp You could have a chance at free mount for the purchase.