Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

Late Hunt

For you'll that have also a late hunt tag Good Luck...Will be up north tomorrow ...just need to get out of work today...lol

• Like 2

It's looking like the second hunt is going to have not much wind on the weekend which should help. Good luck on your hunts and let us know how its going out there.

• Like 1

Keep with it. They might come in silent. killed many like that if your in an area that hold birds sit all day and random call. Boring but it works..............BOB!

• Like 2

Heading up in the morning. No tag for me, just going up to drink...err, I mean to help locate birds. :)

Friends said it was very quiet this morning. No tags fill yet. I told them to wait for me!

• Like 4

It seems that the drought might have pushed birds from my area. In fact the last birds I saw, heard, and caught on cam was all on 4:20.

I did hear a distant shotgun blast at first light. Perhaps somebody was waiting for the birds under the roost.

Had a couple of cow elk come within 15' from me. That was the highlight of my morning.

• Like 2

Had them going hard yesterday then the mistake, woulda, coulda, shoulda, oh well hit it again next Friday. Good luck

• Like 4

Its amazing how smart they are , when they wanna be. When they are dumb and ready they come right in. Iv'e been hunting them 30 years and sometimes You can't fool them........BOB!

• Like 3

Well, I got my riddle answered. Mid Morning, I get to looking through my binos at a old silver back tree laying on the ground about 300 yards out in front of me. "What the funk?" It's a friggin camper trailer. Somebody set up camp right on top of the tank and right where the birds are at.

Man, I am so fit to be tied right now. Three out of my last 4 hunts have been screwed because some jack wagon decides to camp right on or within 1/4 mile of a tank. What's game and fish doing trying to make more laws when they can't enforce the ones on the books. I wouldn't plan a hunt in a way if I thought a person would plop right down, illegally, in the middle of my setup.

I set this blind up a while back in preparation. On Thursday night I go up there and set up decoys and sundown and make final preparations. I get just a couple hours of sleep between getting home Thursday night and turn around and head back up there to be in my blind before sun comes up. I did the same this morning just to find out that I have been making a fool of myself serenading some happy campers.

Man, I can just spit right now.

• Like 1

Well, I got my riddle answered. Mid Morning, I get to looking through my binos at a old silver back tree laying on the ground about 300 yards out in front of me. "What the funk?" It's a friggin camper trailer. Somebody set up camp right on top of the tank and right where the birds are at.

Man, I am so fit to be tied right now. Three out of my last 4 hunts have been screwed because some jack wagon decides to camp right on or within 1/4 mile of a tank. What's game and fish doing trying to make more laws when they can't enforce the ones on the books. I wouldn't plan a hunt in a way if I thought a person would plop right down, illegally, in the middle of my setup.

I set this blind up a while back in preparation. On Thursday night I go up there and set up decoys and sundown and make final preparations. I get just a couple hours of sleep between getting home Thursday night and turn around and head back up there to be in my blind before sun comes up. I did the same this morning just to find out that I have been making a fool of myself serenading some happy campers.

Man, I can just spit right now.

Similar thing happened to my son and I a few years ago in 23. We were going to sit a tank and camped about a 1/4 up the road from it. Well some guy from Mesa in an old beatup truck with a camper shell decided to camp about 75 feet from the tank with his two teenage sons.

• Like 1

Was up in Rim today all day an super quiet.... Wind was no problem but not too vocal ... will try next weekend ...

Better than Calling in the living room...lol

• Like 2

23 is easy, lots of birds, Pockety thue, learning 22 again, I'm liking it

• Like 1

I chilled out and went back up this morning. I went into a higher canyon that was full of birds 2 weeks ago. I did two sets and no responses.

I got to looking around and no sign of turkeys anywhere. The tank in the area is dry with a couple 6" dead salamanders baking in the sun. Tough times out there.

• Like 1

Been out since Friday, I have seen 4 hens and a jake. Every animal is searching for water but its not very plentiful right now. All the springs I know are dry. Pray for rain soon.

• Like 3