Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Urban Fishing @ Rio Vista

Does anyone have any tips on fishing here?

Is the main pond near the Rec Center the best pond? It seems to be full of a ton of algae right now.

We fished this morning in the lowest pond with little action bottom fishing. We moved to the main pond and saw tons of algae so I switched to float fishing and had a little luck with some small bluegill.

And thoughts or advice?

I am working on getting my 6 year old hooked on some fishing. He caught 2 today and was pretty stoked.

Drive to pleasant. Urban lakes dont have enough fish or filtration for there to be a bite. Chaparell (spelling)? Is the only one I have ever cought a fish at.

Good thing I don't really have friends...

It is an easy quick way to get out with my kid and not burn a whole day going to the lake.

• Like 1

I get it but I took my kid last week and he just got frustrated and bored. So it could backfire. Chaparell has some fish. Or go to one of the lakes in arrowhead. Lots o bass on anything you throw.

My suggestion is to avoid the urban lakes and try the canals that snake thru the city. The canals have LOTS of fish and most are huge!

• Like 1

My suggestion is to avoid the urban lakes and try the canals that snake thru the city. The canals have LOTS of fish and most are huge!

Saw some kids fishing the canal the other day, was happy to see there's still kids doing that

• Like 1

It is legal to fish, they just do not want you to keep the White Amur or grass carp because SRP purchases those fish to stock the canals.

• Like 1

Is it legal to fish in the canals?

It is my understanding that you also don't need a fishing license to fish them since SRP owns them. On another note Kiwanis in Tempe used to be pretty good.

Is it legal to fish in the canals?

It is my understanding that you also don't need a fishing license to fish them since SRP owns them. On another note Kiwanis in Tempe used to be pretty good.

doesnt srp own saguaro lake, canyon, apache, roosevelt?

• Like 1