40-year-AZ-hunter

Conserve and Protect (Tags) Presentation at G&F Mtg

I'm going to go to the June meeting. I like to look right into the face of those who are screwing me.

Can you point me to where the meeting information is posted?

https://www.azgfd.com/agency/commission/meetingschedule/

post-4480-0-64043500-1526096589_thumb.png

I think Leviathan (absolute power corrupts absolutely) has hit the game and fish commission and Arizona Hunting hierarchy. Whether you are for the tag grab or against it; let the commission know they represent the residents of Arizona, the animals of Arizona, and Hunting in Arizona and personal interest are secondary when it comes to the positions they hold.

Jim Ammons, Chairman jammons@azgfd.gov No Department issued cell phone, no direct line.

Jim Zieler jzieler@azgfd.gov No Department issued cell phone, no direct line.

Eric Sparks e.sparks@azgfd.gov 602-309-7311 cell phone, no direct line.

Kurt Davis k.davis@azgfd.gov No Department issued cell phone, no direct line.

Bill Bake b.brake@azgfd.gov 832-693-0572 cell phone, no direct line.

Ty Gray, Director tgray@azgfd.gov No Department issued cell phone, direct line 623-236-7100

Tom Finley, Dep.Dir. tfinley@azgfd.gov 928-713-1545 cell phone, direct line 623-236-7278

Kent Komadina kko madina@azgfd.gov No Department issued cell phone, direct line 623-236-7288

Irene Guzman iguzman@azgfd.gov No Department issued cell phone, direct line 623-236-7283.

• Like 2

Of course I am going on with it. See you at the June meeting. Be careful, if Pete stops too fast you might end up with a brown head.

you are a dishonorable person. You received a phone call from someone that informed you of the events that transpired in regards to how the lion ban was defeated, yet you still came on here and spouted your nonsense and continued to lie to everyone. You weren't raised with any ethics? Not ONCE have you contributed anything relevant, you have only slandered those that do. Keep feeding into the negativity, it is laughable.

Dude

take your you havent contributed anything relevant ans shove it up your butt, ive sat here like others and watched you and another numb nut spin so much shoot its ridiculous.

your calling someone else dishonorable and contributing to a lie. but yet you are one of Petes marry men,

Raffle tags suck as well. just like auction tags. however you used that to claim MOST people are in favor of Raffle tags. well when its compared to auction tags most probably are. kinda like asking someone thats going to be executed if they want the electric chair or lethal injection.

you also played people right into that innocent poll that was takin. which I knew for a fact was going to happen, even said so in that thread. spin spin spin doing what you do best

NOTHING is still on the table

I agree Delw, we don't want auction or raffle tags!!

• Like 1

I'm 100% AGAINST creating any additional Raffle/Auction tags! Anything that we can do to stop this group, and bad idea I'm all for it! Arizona does not want to be the next Utah with this only the rich and lucky tag idea! Just ask a Utah residents how Auction/Raffle have ruined their draw system, and draw odds forever.....

I'm 100% AGAINST creating any additional Raffle/Auction tags! Anything that we can do to stop this group, and bad idea I'm all for it! Arizona does not want to be the next Utah with this only the rich and lucky tag idea! Just ask a Utah residents how Auction/Raffle have ruined their draw system, and draw odds forever.....

Do you mind providing a few examples of how the average hunter has been negatively effected in Utah? I keeping hearing that the Utah system has been hindered by the tags but Im not hearing any facts such as lower tags, decreased opportunity for youth, higher predator numbers, tag price increases above the norm...... i dont know much about Utah, thanks.

• Like 2

Here is one on the Expo created by SFW:

The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, submitted a proposal, offering to run the expo. It also offered to give 100 percent of the proceeds from the hunting tags, back to Utah Conservation Efforts.

Instead, a State Purchasing evaluation committee chose Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, which has been involved in running the expo for several years, but only designated 30% of the tag proceeds to conservation efforts.

The decision created a firestorm amongst Utah outdoorsmen, who sounded-off on hunting forums, accusing the DWR and Utah Wildlife Board of corruption, catering to special interests and accepting bribes from Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife.

"They seem to be, putting it mildly, in bed together," said Wes Bennett, whose been a licensed Utah hunter for several decades. "I don't believe it's in the interest of the general public, or the general hunter rather, I believe it's in the interest of an elite group of trophy hunters."

• Like 1

More from the news article:

Allen also took a perceived shot at Sportsman for Fish and Wildlife: "You are not supposed to be sustaining an organization and surviving on the revenue from those tags, you're not supposed to be living off those tags, the wildlife is supposed to live off those tags."

Utah hunters want proof that shows SFW is using the expo tag proceeds for wildlife conservation in Utah.

"Every organization is subject to audit for the funds they receive, but SFW is not, so our question is what are they doing with those funds?" said Bennett.

2News also reached out to Sportsman for Fish and Wildlife in an effort to learn where the money is going.

CEO Jon Larsen declined an interview request for this story, but left a voicemail message saying, "if there's a story to be written it ought to be on the success of the expo."

The SFW in Utah has gotten politicians and Commission members loaded so no one can audit the books or challenge them for control of the free tags.

I read that article in the previous thread. Looks like lack of transparency with the system but not one fact in there about how hunting opportunities have been negatively affected....

• Like 2

Is the main issue in Utah that 100 % of the funds are not used for conservation....If RMEF had been awarded the contract and 100% of the funds raised go back to the dept for conservation with 100% transparency would the sportsman of Utah be on board with the expo...

Do you mind providing a few examples of how the average hunter has been negatively effected in Utah? I keeping hearing that the Utah system has been hindered by the tags but Im not hearing any facts such as lower tags, decreased opportunity for youth, higher predator numbers, tag price increases above the norm...... i dont know much about Utah, thanks.

post-4480-0-29690400-1526156159_thumb.png

When a part of the body has a serious infection that cannot be controlled and poses a threat to the rest of the body you amputate the infected part to save the rest of the body. It appears part of the hunting body in Arizona has a case of gangrene, or a president who chooses to use his position there to further his personal agenda of increasing auction and/or raffle tags likely in the expectation of increased business for his outfitting company. Maybe CAPAZ needs to be amputated. Do everything possible to get other entities to withhold funding to CAPAZ based on its tag grabbing agenda that it a disservice to the average hunter who would apply for those tags. Having done that a nice prosthetic will be needed to defend the interests of hunters and wildlife against the likes of HSUS. How about the formation of an entity that is an alliance of state and national federations, foundations & societies that are engaged in wildlife conservation? Think in terms of NATO. A group of countries formed an alliance to defend against a common threat. The alliance exists to serve the common defense of the member countries but also answers to them. A tag grabbing president here would be removed by the member organizations of the alliance.

• Like 3

attachicon.gifUtah.PNG

I can play this game all day

post-4480-0-97690300-1526161482_thumb.png

Doing a little digging on the Utah game and fish website:

Q4: Which conservation groups have held the expo permit contract?

Since the Wildlife Expo Permit Program began in 2007, three separate expo permit contracts have been awarded. The first contract went to the Foundation for North American Wild Sheep in 2007, and the second one went to the Mule Deer Foundation (MDF) in 2011. The most recent expo permit contract — which will run from 2017–2021 — was awarded to Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife (SFW) in December 2015. SFW will partner with MDF and the Utah Foundation for North American Wild Sheep (UFNAWS) during this contract period.

Snapper- it is a scam. SFW gets tags based on some scare tactics with wolves then they get commissioners and politicians in their pockets and get more tags. Absolutely zero transparency for citizens to see. Why would you want to ever allow that to start here? Guides, outfitters and people who sell and produce hunting items would like to see the tags given up as they are highly demanded by people who can afford to buy them. They all profit from a resource they do not own. This has nothing to do with the Humane Society IMO.

• Like 1