40-year-AZ-hunter

Conserve and Protect (Tags) Presentation at G&F Mtg

Yesterday (5/5/18), Pete Cimelaro made a presentation at the G&F workshop in Kingman pitching the concept of additional tags to be auctioned/raffled off to support education. I tried to attach it as a PDF file.

A couple things I noted. There is no mention of any of the alternative funding mechanisms suggested by people on this site or elsewhere such as the Bass Pro meeting despite Conserve and Protect Arizona professing to seek input and alternatives. That was disappointing but not unexpected. It does appear that they are downplaying auction tags altho they are still mentioned.

It will very likely be an agenda item for the regular June G&F Commission meeting June 8/9 in Mesa. At least as a regular Commission meeting it will be streamed live and folks can comment on agenda items via teleconference from any of the regional offices. It appears that G&F will form a committee to study this issue. I think it is very important that all voices be represented on any such committee, not just those drinking the coolaid.

I recorded the topic meeting. It's about 63 MB and about an hour long. The presentation starts with a discussion of the HPC process and at about 9 minutes in is Cimelaro's discussion. I cant seem to get it to upload to this site. Here is a link that seems to work and play on my Android phone, but gets and error on my Windows computer, but it will download and then play. You can try it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YENVlref6AseGLkNmt4NN0ZzjDf_HREH

Bruce

CAPAZ Handout 5-5-18.pdf

• Like 3

Bruce,

Can you list the emails of the people we need to voice our opinion too. Jay Scott mentioned that Sneaky Pete's opinion is greater than the average hunter so we will need a thousand emails opposing his opinion and passionate support at the meetings.

Also, who are the companies that support CAPAZ time for a boycott.

The draw system is AZ's version of the Sacred Cow, Sneaky Pete just made hamburger out of it and then pee'd on the hamburger.

Fred

• Like 2

Bruce thank you. I haven't listened yet but thank you for taking the time to put this together. We need the momentum.

Pretty bold to request additional tags.

Can we put together a plan on how we can head his off? Collective ly

In addition I'm going to send some text to Steven Rinella and see if we can get some discussion from him on his podcast live here in az in June. If anything we can talk some before and after the show.

Fake news ;)

Butt butt Petes Merry men said there wasnt going to be auction tags.

Had to let them play their hand. Now its time to end them.

We have to remind G&F and the commission that they wrote in the rules that hunting is not for the elites, its for everyone.

post-4480-0-73005000-1525645292.png

Attached is the copy of the proposal that we created that would increase money for outdoor education by two million dollars. That the CAPAZ guys have now shot down and spit on.

Paying for Education of Non Hunters.pdf

• Like 1

Very good set up, was this sent to Azgf officials? It should be as a rebutle to what cap is proposing?

Great work

I got back handed on this forum because, as I was told, auction tags are off the table and because this Commision is not agenda driven. Hmmmm

Yea, and I was born yesterday.

Wonder where the spy nefarious redass is? He is definitely working for Pete and his boys. Need to pack the hall at the June meeting.

• Like 1

Wonder where the spy nefarious redass is? He is definitely working for Pete and his boys. Need to pack the hall at the June meeting.

you are still going on about that nonsense? The recording clearly states that the position of CAPAZ is now raffle tags, not auction tags. Raffle tags are something that many on here are on record as supporting, even those that were against auction tags.

The Commission also stated the need and want to form a committee to review the funding process. So like many here, I can only wait to see what the outcome is.