Sign in to follow this  
lionhunter

discolored Nosler Accubonds?????

I was planning on loading up some bullets last night, and opened up 3 different boxes of Nosler Accubonds and all of them look tarnished or burnt. My questins are: anyone else ever had this problem? Does it effect the accuracy of the bullet. I chose to hold off on loading until I get some answers or some different bullets. At any rate, they are stored in the garage, have never gotten wet, or anything spilled on them, and are a year or so old.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Whitey

Yes I have had boxes that look tarnished, mostly the paper boxes from the old days. No issue at all, they end up that way if you have rounds you don't use for a long period of time anyway.

I've only missed one buck in my lifetime and it was with a discolored nosler accubond

Luckily I had a box of federal store bought ammo.

Jk.

Kidding aside I would contact the mfg. maybe they will work with you on if it is a defective product.

When you buy factory seconds (Blemished bullets) they are discolored.

I loaded up 5 of the tarnished bullets, but have way too much time in case prep to load the rest. I am calling Nosler tomorrow. Several people have told me that they will replace them.

When you buy factory seconds (Blemished bullets) they are discolored.

There was a website selling them for about 50 cents on a dollar but you needed to buy bulk. This was a good five years ago or more. Might have been IQ Metals.