Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Storms a comin

I was in Hereford last night. Got to watch the Lightnings hitting Tucson and the Whetstones

Wicked storm hitting Tucson right now.

Wind is pretty intense.

I went to Hereford yesterday to work at an elementary school and on the way back to the Valley I could see that storm headed toward Tucson.

• Like 2

This bad boy persuaded me to get off of Alamo last night. I had planned on fishing all night but glad I left when I did. I still had to wait over an hour for washes to go down before I could get to the highway

post-3211-0-90150900-1532885880_thumb.jpg

post-3211-0-12783200-1532885895_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I awoke to thunder and looked at my phone app only to see the the storm front way south of me. It was impressive though stretching well over 100 miles from east to west.

On the bright side I don't have to wash the truck again.

creed, that's an ominous cloud. How was the catching?

Catching was good until the weather turned nasty. I talked to a couple of different guys and they said the night time bite was really good. Cats were hitting crankbaits as good as the bass were. I had planned on fishing all night but those clouds had some nasty lightning. The weather caught me just north of Wenden. It was ugly!. The good news is the desert in that country is really greening up. A ranger told me that for the month of July they had just under 3 inches. I am guessing they got a lot more last night.

• Like 1

They still need one of those to sit down just above Alamo and bring that lake back up. I keep hoping they will get a direct hit in the right basin.

Looks like Alpine and south of it got nailed on the radar. Got an flash flood warning for Luna, NM and it looks like the whole area west of 180 is getting drenched.