So, my hunting partner drew the only 15bw tag this year. Has anyone else hunted it? I know it got hit hard by pneumonia. Looking for any info anyone is willing to share

• Like 2

I see sheep cross the sheep overpasses from 15C to 15BW every once in a while. I always assumed they we going to or coming from a sip in the river. There are three game and fish drinkers in the mountains its looks like that you should probably go scout. And that is the end of my knowledge on the area.

Any little bit helps man. I appreciate it. Well hit it hard. My friend is in his 30s, fit and self employed, so heck be basically living in the unit for the fall. Hope to locate a large percentage of the rams in the unit. Should be a good time

• Like 2

Make sure to see both horns before pulling the trigger. There are some 1 horned rams running around in those units that pneumonia hit.

I’ll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice.

I hunted it in 2010 when there were 4 tags. Lots of sheep but nothing very big. Got mine on day 15 when I came to realize that the 160 I hoped for just wasn't there. Still a sheep tag in 15bw is better than spending your life hoping for a tag somewhere else. The experience and memories are still what make a good hunt IMHO. I think the unit has gone downhill from then till now. Best of luck!

• Like 3

2010... time flies! You may not remember me Tom, but I helped glass on your hunt at the beginning. You tagged a good ram for the unit. 15 days makes for that many more memories...

Mike

I do remember you, Mike! That's the amazing part about sheep hunting- all the people who show up to help. Like no other hunting I've ever done.

• Like 1

That is a beautiful ram - museum quality mount. 8 y.o.?

forepaw

the mount is nice, the cape got hot it should be nicer. ive always heard it was 12 years old

OQzz13r.jpg