I know there has been discussions on here before about these but I cant find them I bought a hells canyon long range 6 months ago with the 1:8 twist and noticed the heavier bullet I shoot the tighter groups I get with factory rounds which seems right with the 1:8 twist. I found a guy in Texas that sells the 195 rounds but I would rather load my own to see what powder/and how many grains my rifle likes. The bullets should be here today and hopefully they wont be too long because I do not want to do any mods to my rifle to shoot them. My question is has anyone had good previous experiences with these or found a legitimate load data for them by berger? Has anyone had them be too long for their stock rifles?

Assuming 7mm mag? You can email Berger and they will give you load data for min and max loads. As far as bullet length, they will be long. I dont know the max specs for a hells canyon rifle, but previous brownings Ive loaded for have not had generous mag lengths. Im sure lance will see this and respond to help you out a little better.

• Like 1

If it is a 28 Nosler, let me know. I have a lot of info. I have loaded for 8 different ones so far, and have a few more coming up.

Charge weights can vary greatly between SAAMI spec and custom chambers too.

• Like 2

Yes 7mm rm projectiles are very long (1.648")to be exact, maybe too long for my magazine. It's all gonna depend on how far I can insert them into the brass, most starting gr powders from forms I'm reading are from 62g-68g depending on powders and I would like to stay under 98% cap. Thanks for the info I will email berger and see if what I'm reading on the forums is pretty close to their recommendations.

• Like 1

I was looking at trying the Elite Hunters in my 6.5x55, but I read a lot of mixed reviews on them. More then other Berger products, and this rifle wasn't meant to be an extra long range rig so I am going to start working with the classic hunters for that rifle.

If your gun will spit them well and you can stick them where it counts though I don't think you would have a lot of issue with 195gr bullet hitting something important. I bet it would die.

• Like 1

They are awesome if you have a gun set up for them. I just started shooting them in a new setup, only out to 865 so far woth a 10-15 mph wind. Was with brand new shooters and they were making the shots.

I just picked up another box at the Extreme Store everyone else was out of stock.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't post load data just got back from Calgary and didn't have the info with me.

I am shooting the 195's out of a Defiance/Proof setup. Custom chamber as Lance mentioned so start on the low end.

70gr of Retumbo, 215M Federal primers, avg velocity is 2,920 based on my last time with the Chrony and the first 12 rounds.

Even at 300yds the larger bergers were knocking holes in the steel, AR250 not the AR500. The 168gr Nosler ABLR out of my other 7RM were not doing this. I know the bullet construction is different but I was impressed.

• Like 1

Rcdinaz thanks that's where I ordered 2 boxes from as well I couldn't find them anywhere either but I guess that have them all. Just checked my landing, coal measurement,and I will be good subtracting the .020 they will fit in my magazine. Now for the load data does anybody have the new berger first edition reloading manual? If so do they have the load data for the 7mm rm 195s if so I'll run and buy it. Thanks

Email or call them and they will give you the info for free.

• Like 1

Do a quick search, here is one post with the Berger data listed. Should have what you need as well as some conversation by others on their results.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/7mm-rem-mag-and-berger-195-bullets.160534/

Do a quick search, here is one post with the Berger data listed. Should have what you need as well as some conversation by others on their results.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/7mm-rem-mag-and-berger-195-bullets.160534/

Thanks I have found a lot of off these forms that had some good info. I emailed berger yesterday to see if they had any load data for the 195s or if it was in their new reloading manual should hear something back from them tomorrow I assume.

Thanks I have found a lot of off these forms that had some good info. I emailed berger yesterday to see if they had any load data for the 195s or if it was in their new reloading manual should hear something back from them tomorrow I assume.

Just an FYI, they won't email unpublished load data anymore. They are more than happy to give you the data over the phone though.

I emailed them a while back, never emailed me the info but did call me and leave a voicemail telling me to call back and they would give the the info over the phone.

• Like 2

Like said above, they called me to give me info on my 6.5x55 because it wasn't published, but they have emailed me info on 300 Win Mag, 3006, etc.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys I finally got a hold of Berger, they wouldn't respond to email or email me the loads but gave them to me over the phone. Kind of odd but at least they gave me something to work with now time to go see what all this hype is about!