Sign in to follow this  
ctracingraptor

It all starts from a simple part....

Father in law and I were discussing the usual gun and hunting conversations over the 4th, he's been dying to have a gun made in a specific caliber for a specific use. Im a fan of the caliber he wants, I used to even have one, but have since moved on to different calibers. I tried to convince him to try a different caliber, but he wouldnt budge. A man wants what a man wants, I get it. Lol. Stubborn as he may be I told him I would build him exactly what he is wanting. More to come on Monday when more parts show up.

post-5949-0-53996700-1531535612_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

The only 2 AR platform rifles that I want to own some day are 9mm and 7.62x39. Maybe a 10mm.

I am interested to see where this is headed though.

The 762 is a sweet round in that platform. The 9mm is really fun with a bump stock, I have a 10mm pistol and I can't see the use for it in a AR platform. This build won't be pistol caliber. Sorry for the crappy pic, 223 on a 75gn reload on the left, his caliber on the right

post-5949-0-37091200-1531665693_thumb.jpg

Twisted for the 55 gr berger would be sweet!

Is it a 20 cal or 17 cal?

Why does he insist on a 204 Ruger?

Hes stubborn, Easiest way to explain, he's a man of few calibers, the way he explained it to me was he didnt want a bunch of different calibers in his safe, he has a 204 in a bolt gun, for 10 years hes been wanting one in a AR. As we know there are lots of excellent other choices , some very impressive new rounds came available with the last few years. Hes a man of speed I guess, only a few come close to what a 204 pushes. Im not saying there arent fastest rounds, or even better choices for ballistics. He doesnt reload anymore, and will be using shelf ammo, and he has a lot of shelf ammo lying around...

• Like 1

I have a 204 ruger ar, that is my go to coyote and bobcat round. Fast and flat, and doesn't mess up their pelts. Best predator round I've ever used. They don't run off either. Just point and shoot from 20 yards to 300 yards. No leading, no hold overs, just point and shoot. Can't beat the 204 ruger in my honest opinion.

I had a 204, it's a wicked little round, pounded quite a few yotes with it, exploded a few rabbits and p-dogs with it as well. I've since then got rid of it, and switched to a Grendel, not because it's better, but the Grendel serves a larger spectrum for hunting.