Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Slick trick mechanicals

Making the move to slick trick magnums probably.  However was wondering about the mechanical, kind of like the 2" diameter. Anyone use them?

• Like 1

I'm shooting the Raptor Tricks currently and they fly exactly like my field points. They are also extremely sharp!

• Like 1

I haven't tried them. I think they are trying to get part of the Rage, Swacker, etc. market. The way my Magnums and Exodus shoot I see no reason to try them. I am a fixed blade guy so there is my prejudice.

I like the slick tricks.    I shoot the standard slick tricks.   Killed my elk with one last year.    Did a good job.  You couldn't pay me enough money to shoot a mechanical at anything but small game.

Here is my theory on broadheads and killing critters.   The only thing I want out of a broadhead is DEEP PENETRATION!!!!!!   If you put a hole through the vitals it doesn't matter if it is 1" or 2" in diameter.......The animal dies 100% of the time.   Now if you have a really large hole that doesn't penetrate to the vitals then the animal lives (yes I have see this with mechanicals more than once).   So give me a smaller, deeper hole every time.   Plus, if you can get an entrance and exit hole you just doubled the number of holes that can leak all that red stuff on the ground that we like to follow.   Sometimes the fixed blades take a bit more to get to fly strait but that is nomally a super easy fix.......tune your bow and add fletching with helicol to your arrows.    Fixes it 98% of the time.   

I go back and forth with mechanicals. I’ll say they do rob ke. So when used in the correct set up they are great. I have had full past throughts on elk and deer with gravediggers nap kill zones and swackers. All with heavy arrows out of 70+lbs bows.  With arrows under 420g or under 60lbs 100g slick trick is the do all. 

I just set my 10y (33lbs bow)up with a 315g arrow last weekend. We shot 100g slick tricks to 30y . Should be some poor javelinas worst nightmare come nov. 

On 8/18/2018 at 1:21 PM, bigorange said:

No idea they made mechanicals...what’s next Swhacker fixed blade? Oh wait... :D

FYI I saw the swacker fixed blade in person. it’s looks brutal. May be my next trad head

• Like 1