Just picked-up my son Erik's pronghorn from last year.  Jim, Cody, and team did an AMAZING job!!!!!    It really looks SO beautiful!!

Thanks for the outstanding work, guys!! 👍😉

Erik pronghorn 2017 2.jpg

Erik pronghorn 2017 3.jpg

Erik pronghorn 2017.jpg

• Like 11

Congratulations to your son for shooting a goat with such unique headgear... Very nicely done taxidermy.........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drcarr said:

Congratulations to your son for shooting a goat with such unique headgear... Very nicely done taxidermy.........

Yes, thanks.  This was the first pronghorn hunt we had ever been on, and we would have been happy with ANY buck at all.  This one ended-up being the buck that gave him the opportunity, and he made a great 400 yard shot (directly through the heart). ;)

That being said, we really don't know much about pronghorn horns.  The thing we really liked about this one was the big mass down low.  My son is not a small guy, and his hand could barely make it around.   Also it has a great heart shape, with the tops curving directly into each other (My younger son just shot his first pronghorn, and the tops tend to point slightly back at about 45 degrees as opposed to directly in...).  Also it has a couple of nice 'rose thorns' that we like.

Anyway, thanks for the nice comments everyone!

S.

PS:  Yup, my son is channeling my 70s youth with the shirt! :lol:

• Like 3

I took my pronghorn to SW Wildlife on Stanley's recommendation.  After seeing this, I think I made the right choice.