Sign in to follow this  
crazyaboutcoues

Beagle pup wanted

I'm planning on buying my son a Beagle female pup around April. I'm not looking for 26 pedigrees just a pure blood beagle. My price range is up to 250.00. anyone have info on Beagle litters?

Thanks

Hey I've got 8 puppies! 5 males and 3 females, 4 are lemons and 4 are tri-color. I have papers on the Mom but not on the male. I have both parents on site I will try to get pictures posted soon. They were born on 1-11-08 so they won't be getting rid of them until mid March. I am asking $200.00 each! Let me know if you are interested! Chris

When you do purchase one of these fine dogs, make sure you have no food anywhere near the kitchen table, counter, plate, back patio, sink, microwave, picnic table, baby chair, lap, and the most important, your hands. These dogs have some kind of special way to find it and suck it, thats right, suck it down there throat without even chewing one bite. Its amazing to watch them take down an entire piece of pizza. :rolleyes: They also love to bay at the cats, UPS truck, school bus, mialman, mormons, kids playing, landscaping guy next door, helicoptors, hot air balloons, Fedex, the wind, roofers on the house across the way, neighbor taking out the garbage, people walking past your house, and the best one of all, they will even start baying at you when you don't feed them on time. But don't take my word on it, buy one and enjoy the fun. :lol: David

When you do purchase one of these fine dogs, make sure you have no food anywhere near the kitchen table, counter, plate, back patio, sink, microwave, picnic table, baby chair, lap, and the most important, your hands. These dogs have some kind of special way to find it and suck it, thats right, suck it down there throat without even chewing one bite. Its amazing to watch them take down an entire piece of pizza. :rolleyes: They also love to bay at the cats, UPS truck, school bus, mialman, mormons, kids playing, landscaping guy next door, helicoptors, hot air balloons, Fedex, the wind, roofers on the house across the way, neighbor taking out the garbage, people walking past your house, and the best one of all, they will even start baying at you when you don't feed them on time. But don't take my word on it, buy one and enjoy the fun. :lol: David

azhuntnut nailed it!!!! :lol: I've owned two beagles in my life. One as a child/highschooler, and the other one my wife and I got shortly after getting married. They are HIGH maintenance little fella's, but pretty darn cute and lovable!

About the 'finding food and eating thing' that azhuntnut mentioned, I have to share a story; When I was in highschool, my brother and I were helping-out with the dishes after dinner one evening. Well I turned from the sink to look back at the dining table, only to find my beagle standing right in the middle of it. We had baked potatoes that night, and she was standing there with a WHOLE leftover potato in her mouth. I proceeded to yell 'NO!', and started to run towards her to get her off the table. She jumped from the table and ran through the living room, all along with the potato (and I'm talking, like one of the BIG baking potatoes!). Well she had run about 20 feet from the table in about 3 seconds and suddenly stopped, turned around and just stood there looking at me. NO POTATO TO BE FOUND! SHE HAD SWALLOWED THE ENTIRE THING IN ABOUT 3 SECONDS WHILE ON THE RUN!!! My brother and I just laughed...... :lol: :lol:

Anyway, good luck with the beagles. I've moved-on to Viszlas.... ;)

S.

:)

Thanks for the insight on the Beagle breed. I'll let my wife read this she might change her thoughts on buying a beagle.

When you mentioned baying, does that mean BARKING? :blink:

I don't know if you could call it a bark. Its more like a loud vibration that runs though your ears and onto the neighbors six houses down. No robber will ever be able to get close to your home or anybody elses close to you. :P David

Crazyaboutcoues,

Baying is the sound that comes from them everytime they exhale, to let the world know that they are alive. :lol: :lol:

--Bill

I bought a beagle pup some time in the 1960s. Months later, I headed to the N. Kaibab to hunt deer with my grandfather and a friend.

At the time, the Big Saddle Camp was still in place that had been built sometime in the 1920s, if I recall. There were several wooded cabins and the main stone building complete with stone fireplace, tables and an ol' wood cooking stove. The cabins had real beds with springs but no mattresses. There was even a screened-in little structure for hanging deer and an old gas pump with one of those glass things atop alongside the road. So we often used it as a base camp if we could get there first. This wonderful link to the past was later razed when Lady Bird Johnson went on her Beautify America kick.

As we pulled up to the front of one of the cabins, I spied a bobcat sitting on top of a 55-gal. drum and foraging thru the garbage. I reached under my seat and pulled out my .22 mag Ruger Single-Six, opened the door of the truck and rested on the lower window sill. When the little bullet hit the cat, he jumped about 4' high and hit the ground DOA. I skinned it and salted it.

Once I got home, I salted it some more, then draped it over our clothesline in the backyard. Big mistake. The next day it was all but gone. The beagle had literally devoured most of it. I found only a few odd clumps of hair and one ear. -TONY

Hmmm...just got off the phone with "The snake" I mean my wife :D. She had a change of heart on the beagle purchase. I don't think she want anything in the house that can out yell her. :blink: (Jason you better not show her this thread or i will break the drop tine off your buck!!!)

Does anyone have suggestions on a small to medium size dog for inside the house.

thanks

Tommy you might want to consider a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. They are very good dogs for the house and still love to tromp around the woods with you if you like. They are great companions but are quite abit more spendy then the amount you are looking to pay.

This is a picture of my pup when she was only 2 months old.

post-216-1201712113_thumb.jpg

oh, yeah, forgot about those lil bugers. great dogs I agree.

Tommy you might want to consider a Caviler King Charles Spaniel. They are very good dogs for the house and still love to tromp around the woods with you if you like. They are great companions but are quite abit more spendy then the amount you are looking to pay.

This is a picture of my pup when she was only 2 months old.

post-216-1201712113_thumb.jpg