Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Late season 7e for Elk

If it were me I take one set of binos. Late season elk stick out like a sheet of plywood. And if you can’t see antlers your too far away to do anything about it any way. 

Like stated about they get pushed up to 10-11k. But they are not off limits there. You can still go up there and kill them.

snow. Snows great it makes sign easy to find and read. Also it take a foot is snow to “push” elk down. 

Pet peeve of mine when people ask for help and don't come back to say how they did. Any way my brother shot this tasty spike elk last hour of the hunt in 7E. He had only seen two elk the whole time until he ran into this herd. Tough Unit for sure.

7a0ba6ac-5376-46c7-b31e-d56ff7a293db.jpg

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Mountainman99 said:

Pet peeve of mine when people ask for help and don't come back to say how they did. Any way my brother shot this tasty spike elk last hour of the hunt in 7E. He had only seen two elk the whole time until he ran into this herd. Tough Unit for sure.

That there is a shoot** eatin grin !!

• Like 2

I had three guys ask for help in 7E, and five guys in 7W.  I got photos from most of them with some decent bulls.  Not my place to post them here, but they got it done.  

My buddy hunted cow in 7E and other than some running at 500 yds they had a bull at 20 yards and that was it. He's 75 and hunted 5 of the 7 days.

I had a great time in 7e. I did have a shot at 2 smaller bulls opening day and chose to pass. I have no regrets (got a nice 6x6 in October)  the wind for the first 3 days was kind of a bummer. I wanted to do more glassing but still hunted instead. I was into elk the first 3 days didn’t get anther shot opportunity thou. Monday was a beautiful day nice and calm and 8 degrees, only hunted half the day. Packed up and headed back to norther Minnesota. I did thank someone for giving me tips through a PM. I would like to thank everyone for all the info. Miss it already a want to go back! Never hunted that type of country before and the elk sure seam to behave a hole lot different than I’m use to. 

20 hours ago, Mountainman99 said:

Great job!

Looks like a little bit of snow.. cool.

Looks like another troller looking for info and then disappear, now on the dirt list