Sign in to follow this  
thunderbolt

suns bushing for a championchip

The suns traded for shaq and i think it was a darn gooood trade. He wasn't doing much for miami but i think the shaq deisel will awaken. The suns were in need of a big man and they got him. GO SUNS!!!!!!!!!

The suns traded for shaq and i think it was a darn gooood trade. He wasn't doing much for miami but i think the shaq deisel will awaken. The suns were in need of a big man and they got him. GO SUNS!!!!!!!!!

Dude! I hope you're right, but I can't believe Shaq can ever play the Suns style of run-and-gun basketball. He'll never be able to get down the court in time to make any plays. I personally think it was a horrible trade - Marion was worth way more than on old fat guy!!

Dude! I hope you're right, but I can't believe Shaq can ever play the Suns style of run-and-gun basketball. He'll never be able to get down the court in time to make any plays. I personally think it was a horrible trade - Marion was worth way more than on old fat guy!!

I'm more in line with your thinking on this... hope it works out

Marion asked to be traded because he was jealous of Nash and Amare. Plus, he always disappeared in the playoffs.

Word up. Dont think theres any way Shaq can hang. He is old and crusty... Kind like Lark :D

Marion asked to be traded because he was jealous of Nash and Amare. Plus, he always disappeared in the playoffs.

Guess he never heard of Dwayne Wade. He'll be in the same boat there.

I'm with you guys.... But I also hope it works... :)

There is no way Shaq will be able to keep up with the Suns style of play. I'll bet that he wont see much court time against any team but the Spurs. Maybe he can help stop Duncan. If so, then maybe its a good move on the Suns part. We will see. Any way it's pretty shocking, didnt see that comin. I will miss Marion though.

I like the trade, both teams should benefit. They'll need Shaq when they face Boston in the Championship game!

Where the Suns get killed is offensive rebounds, and just having a true center in there will stop that, also if you guys look at fast break points the Suns are way down from what they were two years ago, the key to the fast break is the defensive rebound and outlet pass, which is helped with a true center, Shaq should get foul calls inside that the suns have never got, plus he will draw a second defender in the paint which will open up one of the other suns players in the half court game, and Amare does not have to cover the other teams center on the defensive side. The number one reason the trade may be a good thing is that Shaq hates Kobe, hopefully that motivates him. Good luck to the Suns and at least the got something for a disgruntled Shawn Marion, who was going to leave anyway. Who knows what will happen with this deal, but we haven't been to the finals since Barkley and a lot of people hated that trade at first too.

Where the Suns get killed is offensive rebounds, and just having a true center in there will stop that, also if you guys look at fast break points the Suns are way down from what they were two years ago, the key to the fast break is the defensive rebound and outlet pass, which is helped with a true center, Shaq should get foul calls inside that the suns have never got, plus he will draw a second defender in the paint which will open up one of the other suns players in the half court game, and Amare does not have to cover the other teams center on the defensive side. The number one reason the trade may be a good thing is that Shaq hates Kobe, hopefully that motivates him. Good luck to the Suns and at least the got something for a disgruntled Shawn Marion, who was going to leave anyway. Who knows what will happen with this deal, but we haven't been to the finals since Barkley and a lot of people hated that trade at first too.

Well said.

He does not have to run and be able to get back to defend he just needs to stay down there. Now Amare goes

to the power forward position. Just wait and see what happens with Amare, less fouls and more points/rebounds.

Who are you NOT going to double Diesel or Amare?? Either way the other will pound you inside.

Shaq's health is a concern so use hime little and forget about the regular season record. We need to be more like

S.Antonio :o (figure of speach) and just coast till just before the play offs start then flip the switch and let the

Diesel do his thing. Remember EVERYONE says you need to slow things down in the play offs so the Suns do

and now they will get ripped for that.

Guaranteed Tim Duncan aint to happy about the whole thing. ;)

This is Shaq on a new weight loss plan and I think it will work or he isn't going to score points. Besides Marion busted us in the chops with the hole I need more money thing! I am loyal and Marion proved even with his stats he wasn't worth of more $ even though I really liked the team with him.

Go Shaq! 50lb lighter in 4 months he will be the a polaris razor! :angry:

I think Shaq will be out most of the year like he is every year with some kind of injury. He is just way too big to get around without hurting himself. If he can stay away from the injuries then he will be awesome.

Defense in the Paint with Amare and Shaq is where I think we'll see the most benefit. Now Nash and Barbosa, Hill etc.. can focus more on the perimeter shot and there defense should improve a lot.

When I first heard the news I was SHOCKED, and I hated the deal. With some time to consider the scheme behind the deal I think it could help us in the play off's against LA and San Antonio. The key is to make sure Shaq is 100% and ready to go during the play off's. His minutes during the rest of the regular season should be limited.