CouesWhitetail

FEB 12 Application deadline for elk and antelope tags

What are you guys talking about.?.?. I already know I got drawn for what I put in for..... A Bounus point. :P :angry:

Congrates on your draw ;)

$15.00 aint bad for getting what you put in for.

Just found out one of our other elk tags were cashed yesterday. :D Good luck to all who applied.

Bonus point? Thanks for increasing my odds. ;)

TJ

Having the check cashed only means the app was received. One could still have the app rejected for not signing/forgot to check the resident box/etc, and then receive a warrant refund (less the app fee) just as if one were not drawn. Hope no one is thinking that if their check was cashed means they were drawn.

RR

The only consolation I got with mine being cashed was that it meant that I didn't forget to sign the check, Or after Lark (.270) was screaming my name at them they didn't just tear it up.

Has anybody heard anything regarding the number of applications this year. It's probably just hopeful thinking, but I was hoping that the paper applications might decrease the number of total applicants. Now don't say G&F never did us a favor.

I believe numbers were down. I think that is what was stated at the ADA meeting, I do know that they are trying to get the online process back up by the end of 2008. I checked the minutes, but it didn't mention this years numbers, and I wasn't there for the full February meeting, just the beginning and that is where I might have heard it, but those minutes will not be up until later this month.

I spoke to AZGFD last year and he told me that the same number of people still apply regardless of paper apps

or online. He broke down the numbers over the last few years and they were all pretty darn close. It kinda burst

my bubble when I found out because I thought the numbers would be in my favour with people having to put in thru

the mail.

no, I am not thinking I was drawn I just want to know they recieved my apps...

I spoke to AZGFD last year and he told me that the same number of people still apply regardless of paper apps

or online. He broke down the numbers over the last few years and they were all pretty darn close. It kinda burst

my bubble when I found out because I thought the numbers would be in my favour with people having to put in thru

the mail.

THIS IS STRICTLY A RUMOR.........but was from an "inside" source.......

Maybe somebody else has heard this same thing? Cabela's T.A.G.S. application service dropped the ball on "deadline day". A representative tried to deliver a "large" box of applications to the G+F Dept office on the deadline day. The person stood pounding on the front door until a janitor finally opened up and the person stepped in, set the box down, and left................this was around 9:30 PM!!!! Last I heard G+F was NOT going to open the box and stick to their 7:00PM deadline time and consider it too late. A "large" box could hold ALOT of applications............and ALOT of those applicants I'm sure were put in for trophy hunts! I don't know if this was all of Cabela's applicants or if this was just some last minute apps? If this is true, then that could possibly increase some odds for a few hunts I bet. Also, if this is true, G+F had better not open that box! I'm sure there will be some lawyers recieving phone calls over this one! Anybody hear the same thing?

post-1778-1204850960.gif

Sounds like Cabela's will be owned by a bunch of Az hunters.

I sure hope that is not true for those who may be affected.

If it's true and they opened the box I will be pi$$ed. :angry: Rules are Rules, can't do it for one and not the other!

Tony can you find out from any of your sources???

I got a phone call last night stating that along with all the Cabela's tags that did miss the deadline that the elk applicant numbers were WAY down this year!!! :o :D If it is true... Whooooo Hoooooo!!!! :) :D :lol:

Please God, Bless me with my 1st or 2nd choice!!!! :D

If it's true and they opened the box I will be pi$$ed. :angry: Rules are Rules, can't do it for one and not the other!

Tony can you find out from any of your sources???

They will open the box and cash the checks so the can get their application fees and then reject the application

They will open the box and cash the checks so the can get their application fees and then reject the application

Taking out the application fee might constitute accepting the application. Most likely, they would be returned unopened to Cabelas.