Sign in to follow this  
blaserman

What Caliber is most commonly used

I have shot deer with 30-06, 300 wsm, 22-250, 270 and 257 weatherby, the 257 weatherby kicks all their butts, followed closely by the 30-06. The key is to find the gun you like and use it until you own it and then hunt with it all the time. Now , I would not use the 257 for elk or any like size game.

Yup everyone is right what they shoot is the best!

I stick with my "old" 300 H&H, After hunting with the same rifle since 1972 I know what it will do from getting to know it. I have shot deer with others as well from even a little 22 cal. to 45/120 and they all will do the job. But the best rifle is one you learn how and know how to shoot

AzTrapper

Lark,

If I start using my 257 for elk then I might try and talk you into using a 257 and then we would have to argue for years about it because we both know that there is no way you are going to switch and I am always going to know how much better of a shot you would be if you used a real rifle and I would really want to make you aware of it!! :lol: ag

Lark,

If I start using my 257 for elk then I might try and talk you into using a 257 and then we would have to argue for years about it because we both know that there is no way you are going to switch and I am always going to know how much better of a shot you would be if you used a real rifle and I would really want to make you aware of it!! :lol: ag

thats funny

Lark,

You aint gunna never talk Lark into shootin any thang other than his .270....Hes more stubborn than a lame mule...(prolly being mule kicked in the head is to blame).......Poor feller thinks a .270 is the best fer coues.....Jeeze real sad folks ;)

45-70. GET'R DONE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love my 30-06. Just like some of you have said one gun for all game.

Another vote for the 25/06! Now the best all around, versatile gun I would have to give to the .270 but you can't beat a 25/06 for coues! One shot one kill! ;)

I like the .25'06, but ive used .30'06's, 270's, 243's and a 300 win mag to kill coues deer. whatever works.

if .270's ain't the best then why have so many famous folks advocated em?

"give me a .270 or give me death"

"i shot down the cherry tree with my .270"

"i have not yet begun to use my .270"

"four score and two seventy ago..."

"speak softly and carry a .270"

"remember the .270"

"we're gonna need a .270"

"this is a .270, the most powerful gun in the world, do you feel lucky? well, do ya punk?"

"i'll be back, with my .270"

"it's a trick, they have a .270"

"E=MC.270"

"we know saddam has a .270"

"run custer, they have a .270"

Lark.

if .270's ain't the best then why have so many famous folks advocated em?

"give me a .270 or give me death"

"i shot down the cherry tree with my .270"

"i have not yet begun to use my .270"

"four score and two seventy ago..."

"speak softly and carry a .270"

"remember the .270"

"we're gonna need a .270"

"this is a .270, the most powerful gun in the world, do you feel lucky? well, do ya punk?"

"i'll be back, with my .270"

"it's a trick, they have a .270"

"E=MC.270"

"we know saddam has a .270"

"run custer, they have a .270"

Lark.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: E=MC.270 :lol: Now thats funny.

E is for Excellent, = is for =, MC is for Metallic cartridge! Simple math, what more can you say!