Duggaboy

10 or 12 power ?

Good evening, thinking about Swaro El binos. Can't decide between 10 or 12 power. Is there a big advantage in  2x more magnification? How about field of view in 10 vs. 12 ??  Have brand new 15x56 and can't get used to them.Thanks.

Are you planning on always tripod mounting? If yes then the 12's are great, if not go with the 10's.

If you have a few minutes to talk optics please give us a call, 516-217-1000, it's our pleasure.

Have a great day

Doug

I like a great set of 10x42s and a great set of 15x56s personally.  10s in a chest harness always, and they ride a tripod when glassing under 1 mile.  15x56s always on a tripod for glassing out to 3 or so miles.  And a great spotter for taking a good look at anything.  

• Like 1

My 8's and 15's almost never see any use since I bought 12's.  I can hand hold them if I have too (they are on the tripod most of the time). I don't  miss or need  the extra power of the 15's and the field of view is amazing.  It saves me one piece of glass to carry compared to the 8 (10) / 15 combo. I usually  dual mount them with my spotting scope to get hat instant feedback.

Thank you to everybody that replied. Lots of info. Looks like 12x it is. Anybody looking for brand new 15 x 56 Swaro's? Make you a killer deal. I'm in Tucson. Thanks. Pics to follow.

Sounds like you have your decision made but FWIW I made the switch from 10/15s to EL 12s and have not regretted it for a second. I also added a pair of 8x32s when I saw a deal on another forum and they make an awesome combination but if I could only have one I wouldn't feel like I'm missing out on anything with just the 12s, especially on a tripod with the stud installed for quick on and off if I want to look at something on the move. I'm not the most steady freehanding them but I can make do. The quality of those binoculars is just so good it's hard not to enjoy them. It's also worth mentioning that I experience a HUGE difference because I upgraded from entry level 10s and mid level 15s to the Swaros so someone who is switching to 12s from high quality 10 and 15 equivalents is obviously not going to see quite as much of an improvement as I am.

Picked up a pair of Meopta 12X just before the hunt, My son was going to use my 10X Zeiss. After many years of using the 10X I found the 12X a nice & useful improvement.