swampokie

Lion unit?

10 hours ago, swampokie said:

This is the one ive really been looking at and also 18b

Another option is 23 ...north side is good but lots of cover ...good for bears and cats ...due to high number of  MD

27 too. Tons of cats in there. Like someone said, throw a dart at an AZ map and you'll probably have a good starting point. Unless it ends up in Tempe, the cats there tend to move back toward Tucson. 

I saw two a couple weeks ago during my daughters late youth deer hunt... killed one. Great eating... I'd love to call one in and kill it with my bow, that's next. Ed F

20181125_125551.jpg

• Like 7

On 12/14/2018 at 9:54 AM, lancetkenyon said:

24B has cats...plenty of them.

Shoot, 42 has a bunch of cats too.

Biggest cat paw track I have ever seen in my life!!!  Thought it was a bear at first, and I was out bow hunting.  After that I felt very uneasy knowing there was a big ole cat around that was lot heavier than I was

Every unit I have hunted in Ive seen Mt lion tracks

13 hours ago, Coach said:

27 too. Tons of cats in there. Like someone said, throw a dart at an AZ map and you'll probably have a good starting point. Unless it ends up in Tempe, the cats there tend to move back toward Tucson. 

I see where u went with that one!! What happened to cats qb Heisman run?

Have a couple points this year and would love to hunt coues in a unit with good chance of seeing a lion as well.  

12 hours ago, BOWUNTR said:

I saw two a couple weeks ago during my daughters late youth deer hunt... killed one. Great eating... I'd love to call one in and kill it with my bow, that's next. Ed F

20181125_125551.jpg

Ed, I'm told they are good eating but stink something awful as soon as you cut them open. Have you found that to be true?

• Like 1

No sir... One of the reason my wife likes the meat so much, almost odorless. This is my second one, wife and kids says it's their favorite. Ed F

• Like 4

On 12/15/2018 at 8:17 PM, BOWUNTR said:

No sir... One of the reason my wife likes the meat so much, almost odorless. This is my second one, wife and kids says it's their favorite. Ed F

Do you cut it up similar to a deer?

Yeppers, I had  mine processed and everyone loved it. Some are weird about eating "cat" but oh well.

Maybe it's their diet at the time. Don't think I'd want to puncture the stomach of a cat that's been eating javelina.

• Like 1