wardsoutfitters

salt and feed no more in 2009

people using scopes, camo, rifles, compounds, blinds, treestands, binocs......."Someone might liken it to a growing cancer, but I won't."

people using scopes, camo, rifles, compounds, blinds, treestands, binocs......."Someone might liken it to a growing cancer, but I won't."

Yup. Time to outlaw them all. :rolleyes: -TONY

lol, good to see a light side to this mess

As for the feed We use It is not corn , It's a mixture of different grains and Is 19% protein along with other essential vitamins and minerals, The fact is that the Arizona Game And Fish Department discriminates against archers. The only halfway scientific harvest data they have is archery deer harvests. because we are mandated to report harvists . I think they would be very surprised if the mandated rifle hunters to do the same, they would find more deer are taken then they think. Archers will never harvest the number of animals that rifle hunters do. but azgfd still thinks they have to limit us. Personally I'm tired of this department and the restrictions they impose on archers, A class action suit might make them think twice

Well said TONY!

Me thinks part of the problem is an inability to police our own ranks when it comes to questionable issues, and the mentality that every hunter should march along in lockstep is the wrong road to take. I will NEVER support something that *I* believe is wrong regardless if it is legal or not. To do otherwise would be a compromise and betrayal of my own ethics.

"Me thinks part of the problem is an inability to police our own ranks when it comes to questionable issues, and the mentality that every hunter should march along in lockstep is the wrong road to take. I will NEVER support something that *I* believe is wrong regardless if it is legal or not. To do otherwise would be a compromise and betrayal of my own ethics."

I will agree that you shouldn't betray your own ethics, we all have differing views of how to hunt, but we shouldn't try to force our views on everyone else.

I don't use salt or bait, and I don't care if someone else does, if I beieve something is flat out wrong I would say it. Is this conversation only getting the grief it is getting because we are in AZ, how would this post look in other states and where would the support be. As I said everyone hunts their own way and if they are happy doing it then so be it, as long as it is legal.

"Me thinks part of the problem is an inability to police our own ranks when it comes to questionable issues, and the mentality that every hunter should march along in lockstep is the wrong road to take. I will NEVER support something that *I* believe is wrong regardless if it is legal or not. To do otherwise would be a compromise and betrayal of my own ethics."

I will agree that you shouldn't betray your own ethics, we all have differing views of how to hunt, but we shouldn't try to force our views on everyone else.

I don't use salt or bait, and I don't care if someone else does, if I beieve something is flat out wrong I would say it. Is this conversation only getting the grief it is getting because we are in AZ, how would this post look in other states and where would the support be. As I said everyone hunts their own way and if they are happy doing it then so be it, as long as it is legal.

I disagree, the problem isn't our inability to police our own. It is the inability of the voters of Arizona to police the comunistic control the Governor and AZGFD have on this state. Government only works with checks and balances. The AZGFD answer to no one but the Governor. When next voting for our Governor we need to be asking what direction he plans to take the AZGFD. How many times have we rallied to the meeting only to find they do what ever they want. I now hate the Arizona Game and Fish Dept. tactics more than the 1970's tactics of the IRS.

They will bite off something they cant inforce by outlawing salt. People started using salt because they saw natural salt/mineral licks being used. Cattle salt is everywhere. Who is to say and determin whitch of the thousands of mineral licks out there are natural or not. Some have been there for 50 years and will be there for 50 more. Are they going to outlaw ranchers from putting out blocks? How many tanks out there will you not be able to hunt because there is a cattle salt likc on it? Gee officer, I was hunting the watter hole, not the salt. So if a hunter finds a good trail to sit on, then is he to determin that in no where in the world does that trail ever lead to or come from some salt lick some where? Natural or man made. Who is to say that a natural salt has never been suplimented.

They will have to ticket thousands of innocent hunters that didn't know there was a saltlick nearby because there are so many thusands of developed salt licks already out there.

You will no longer be able to hunt the Kiabab because there is a salt lick every 50 yards.

How I ask? HOW?

I have hunted salt before. I'v done it since I was a kid. I personally have never taken an animal over salt. Wow! Big success rate there!

I dont have anything against salt but I do know

That is one that is too solidly ingrained into our forests and is better left untouched. There are much easer ways to decrease hunter success than trying to inforce that.

I'd LOVE to see those butt-jacks try and enforce that one! Like it's been said a page or two back, those J-holes don't even leave their truck.

What I'd like to see is the results they print of the "actual reported" harvest of the archers in this state. Seems to me that it's been in the 4-6% range over the past decade but I haven't paid much attn to that in a while. And what does it really matter? I think that archery hunters in the past 10 years have gotten better and the technology of the whole sport has just shot thru the roof and who knows, maybe in the next 5yrs we'll have bows that shoot 450'/second. I bet it's coming. Seems just 8-10yrs ago it was crazy to hear of one that was 240fps, now we get em that shoot 350fps. The morons in the game dept gonna put limits on that? Probably.

I will tell you all one thing, it's not gonna change how I hunt, cause I know it's ethical and I'm not doing anything wrong by sitting my salt lick or an old one a rancher put out there decades ago. Maybe I'll just have to start placing the trail camera a little higher so you can only see from the deer's knees on up so there's no proof of what they're doing at that spot at that time. Pass all the laws they want, not gonna change me and I'd guess it won't change a whole lotta you guys either.

My two cents anyway.

I'd LOVE to see those butt-jacks try and enforce that one! Like it's been said a page or two back, those J-holes don't even leave their truck.

What I'd like to see is the results they print of the "actual reported" harvest of the archers in this state. Seems to me that it's been in the 4-6% range over the past decade but I haven't paid much attn to that in a while. And what does it really matter? I think that archery hunters in the past 10 years have gotten better and the technology of the whole sport has just shot thru the roof and who knows, maybe in the next 5yrs we'll have bows that shoot 450'/second. I bet it's coming. Seems just 8-10yrs ago it was crazy to hear of one that was 240fps, now we get em that shoot 350fps. The morons in the game dept gonna put limits on that? Probably.

I will tell you all one thing, it's not gonna change how I hunt, cause I know it's ethical and I'm not doing anything wrong by sitting my salt lick or an old one a rancher put out there decades ago. Maybe I'll just have to start placing the trail camera a little higher so you can only see from the deer's knees on up so there's no proof of what they're doing at that spot at that time. Pass all the laws they want, not gonna change me and I'd guess it won't change a whole lotta you guys either.

My two cents anyway.

Yup me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will do what they want, I just hope they dont make it a draw a tag thing........ <_<

This ticks me off not because of hunting over salt (which I have done) but because it shows how they discriminate against us. So will rifle hunters not be able to hunt over bait? How many places are there where you can shoot a rifle and not be near salt?

First. AZGFD does not give a dang about actually being able to enforce a law. By making it against the law and putting up a stiff penalty they intimidate you with fear of the penalty. They also frequently write tickets that are unfounded or at least would not stand up in court but figure most people will pay the fine rather than hire a lawyer. This just gives them another tool to harrass hunters with. I was told to my face by a high level officer that they do this and they "know" 80% of the hunters are breaking the law anyway so they just need to come up with new ways to get us.

Second. Why should archery hunters be discriminated against with regard to harvest success? AZGFD knows they have been getting a free ride for a long time with thousands of bowhunters buying archery deer tags but hardly killing any deer. Now that we are being successful (even though the rate is about 1/4th or less of the rifle success) they want to knock us back down to zero. They can always claim they are protecting the resource but that is total BS. It is about getting as much money as possible by reducing success. At least they are doing that to the rifle hunters too. But why should we be held to an even lower success rate. If they want to help the deer population they could do it in a number of ways, like predator control for example. Oh but they don't have enough money...blah balh blah. They know we will still apply for hunts and buy tags because we are a captive audience.

A class action lawsuit is exactly what we need because this is BS.

Well I bet if we were to tell game and fish we would buy a feeding permit of 5$'s then they would be all over it.

Anyone that is interested in talking about a class action law suite e-mail me at trophyhunts@wardsoutfitters.com

I'm tired of all the bullcrap Lets get it on!!!!!!!!!!

A $5.00 feeding permit! Bwaahahahahaaa :lol: :lol: Now there is an $IDEA$ you know they would think about! And they know we would all pay it to. Because we are passionate about hunting. And they continue to take advatage of our passion.

You got to wonder how long they will continue to take away from us in the name of "opportunity" <_<