Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

Sig 2400ABS vs G7 BR2?

Quoted from the "Hide" reviews...

• Embedded Applied Ballistics Elite with bullet database and support for G1/G7 and AB Custom Drag curves. Users can choose CDM or G1/G7 when profile building.
• AB Ballistics Engine: Most accurate ballistic solver on the market. Trusted by professionals.
• Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, & Coriolis Effect are all calculated in the system (Embedded sensors adjust for this in real time).
• Temperature, pressure and humidity sensors for real-time environmental inputs to the embedded ballistic calculator and the ability to train for muzzle velocity shift with temperature shift.

The 2400BDX does not have the above mentioned sensors and has the AB Lite ballistic solver built in which limits you to only 800yds and no custom drag curves (when not used with a Kestrel Elite), BUT the one trick the 2400BDX can do that the 2400ABS can't (as of now) is communicate with a Kestrel Elite another words it can automatically send the range to a Kestrel and then the Kestrel can/will calculatethe firing solution. 

If I already had a Kestrel Elite and didn't already have a LRF I would probably go with the 2400BDX and use it with the Kestrel now if Sig updates the firmware on the 2400ABS and lets it also communicate with a Kestrel I would maybe go that route.

• Like 1

Bringing this back!!!  Any updates on your range finders??  I have a L1600B but in New Mexico was having a hard time with it.  No dark objects and hard to come up with range.  Not sure if these other ones are having that problem.  Lance your post was a year ago about the G7 any knew news about it.  And why do you guys love the Sig over the G7?  Details, details!

Used first, the second gen of the BR2.  Great rangefinder.  Switched several years ago to the Sig.  At the time, it had better beam divergence and algorithms for ballistics solutions.  Most of this advantage was done away with the third gen G7.  Biggest plus with the Sig is smaller size.  I like to carry it next to my binos.  Personal downside of Sig for me: doesn't lay flat like the G7 -less stabile when hand-held.

Hmmm, thinking that all this tech degrades the hunt. I was thinking I was over teched with Strelock pro loaded with current atmospherics and my diddly butt Leupold RF. Of course not humping a rig around that I want to go further than 450yds with. I like hunting, will leave being a gear head to others. ENJOY THE Pureness of just going out and let it happen and minimize tech and expense 😜.

44 minutes ago, AZAV8ER said:

Hmmm, thinking that all this tech degrades the hunt. I was thinking I was over teched with Strelock pro loaded with current atmospherics and my diddly butt Leupold RF. Of course not humping a rig around that I want to go further than 450yds with. I like hunting, will leave being a gear head to others. ENJOY THE Pureness of just going out and let it happen and minimize tech and expense 😜.

So your diching your rangefinder and smartphone app?

9 hours ago, oz31p said:

So your diching your rangefinder and smartphone app?

Yep, first day in camp I run the the tech, make a range card out to 500, then put the silicon away and go with card 😉

2 minutes ago, AZAV8ER said:

Yep, first day in camp I run the the tech, make a range card out to 500, then put the silicon away and go with card 😉

I guess I’m alittle lost. What is the difference/ how is this relevant to giving a recommendation between 2 range finders in a long range shooting forum? 

7 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I guess I’m alittle lost. What is the difference/ how is this relevant to giving a recommendation between 2 range finders in a long range shooting forum? 

You got me, off point and out of context relative to OP question. 

I am new to the G7, the last 5 years I had been running a couple different range finders and ballistic programs on my phone. Sorry I never used both and haven't used the G7 on a actual hunt, just target shooting.

My impressions thus far on the G7, easy to program, nice that one can switch from MOA to MIL very simply (I have had different rifles with different scopes), ranges great.  The output can be hard to see in bright daylight (even when on high), the ballistics match my app very close (sometime one will tell me 1.2 and the other will say 1.1).

The G7 is large, but its only one device to mess with, not two, when the shot does't always present itself, using a rangefinder and a phone can be a pain- not so much when the shot is 450 vs 475, but when its 650 vs 675 a click or two is a complete miss.   I like the case and its rugged. 

Good luck