Flatlander

15x Side by Side Comparison 2/16/19

Alright guys it’s time to put the Vortex vs Swarovski 15’s vs Swarovski 12’s vs Zeiss vs Brand X debate to bed.

I know many of us have Ham tags this weekend. I will be in 37b and I know several others will as well. Let’s get together and put our glass side by side for comparison. Let’s see if we can get 15 pair of 15’s all on one hillside.

I can bring Swaro 15 HD’s and Docter Nobilems.

I am thinking around 1:00 PM somewhere between Florence and the Tom Mix Memorial (Maybe the 96 hills?).

Whose in?

Dang, we are headed to Nashville for the NWTF convention and get back into Phoenix around noon on Saturday. I would really like to do this. Also have 37B HAM tags. Might try to get out Saturday later in the afternoon if we get home in good time. 

• Like 1

This sounds cool.  I’m in ND and it’s gonna be -15 this weekend but the cold makes for clear air so I’ll point mine south and see if I can see you guys!  

24 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Cheater.  You just want 14 other people glassing for pigs for you.  Smart like a fox....

😀

• Like 3

I'd love to see where leupold santiam 15s fall in line with those.  Interested to see how this pans out.

Glassing in the rain, that would be a great test. Can't wait to here the results.

I would like to hear other guys take on the 15slc hd  vs 12EL. I’ve compared them a lot because I get 15x envy every now and then. To my eyes the ELs just have better detail and the extra power of the 15s isn’t as apparent because of this.  Also the 12s do mid range glassing much better. Obviously the SLC are amazing glass, I just prefer the view of the ELs. For these reasons I’m holding onto my 12s but interested to hear others experiences 

Walked 8 miles. Never took a shot. Only bino’s I got to compare were my SLC 15 hd’s and my kids 10x42 diamondbacks.

Results are indeterminate.