Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

San Diego 4th of July Suggestions

14 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

wait, what? how/why? 

It just kept taking line and making runs. Dead shrimp on the bottom in the marsh in a couple of feet of water. Though I was snagged until it moved and I set the hook, then it was on. Made about five runs and at about the 25 minute mark rolled and I saw it was a red. Never know what you will hook into down there. Finally got it in the boat and took a pic and released it. It was about 37" long. I was using a Calcutta 250 with 20# Flouroclear on a 7' Medium Action St Croix rod about 5:30 PM.

PRDATR & son & metau make some memories and come home safe w the boxes full.  did i mention wrapping the ice chests in carpet or carpet pad -inside vehicle-will result in little or no ice melt.

luck,

lee.

ps if you get too sore to fight fish just cut the hooks off of a popper or surface iron and have fun

9 hours ago, biglakejake said:

PRDATR & son & metau make some memories and come home safe w the boxes full.  did i mention wrapping the ice chests in carpet or carpet pad -inside vehicle-will result in little or no ice melt.

luck,

lee.

ps if you get too sore to fight fish just cut the hooks off of a popper or surface iron and have fun

Thanks for the suggestion. My sons truck has a hard bed cover so that should help quite a bit.

the reports are pretty dismal the last few days. hopefully it turns around for you. seea adventure just got back from a 3.5 day and they only caught a dozen or so fish.  it seems the private boaters catch more than the sport boats 

• Like 1

Did you guys see the Pacifica ran aground at South Mission last week at like 4:30 in the morning?  How would you like wading to shore in pitch dark after your trip with all your gear and fish aboard?  Word is the skipper was the same skipper of the Prowler.  Like seriously, WTH man? Awful coincidence or complete incompetence?

3 minutes ago, Heat said:

Did you guys see the Pacifica ran aground at South Mission last week at like 4:30 in the morning?  How would you like wading to shore in pitch dark after your trip with all your gear and fish aboard?  Word is the skipper was the same skipper of the Prowler.  Like seriously, WTH man? Awful coincidence or complete incompetence?

but was the prowler his fault, i thought the yacht crashed into it? maybe it was the other way around. honestly if i was on the pacifica, i would have laughed probably. grabbed my tuna and waded to shore. i never did hear the fish count on that trip

No report on the Prowler incident yet.  By the rules, a vessel must give way to avoid a collision so either way, technically, they are both at fault. 

Maybe he gets away with one on the Pacifica deal, but still...how the heck do you completely miss the entrance to the harbor unless you are asleep at the wheel?  This was the last captain in the fleet I would have expected something like this from.  He needs to hire some more reliable 2nds and mates.

15 minutes ago, Heat said:

Maybe he gets away with one on the Pacifica deal, but still...how the heck do you completely miss the entrance to the harbor unless you are asleep at the wheel?  This was the last captain in the fleet I would have expected something like this from.  He needs to hire some more reliable 2nds and mates.

had to have been asleep on auto pilot 

just a huge GOOD LUCK to you guys and 3 little notes from experience when things get tough.  the hardest bait to catch in the handwell is the best bait to fish, flylined baits always catch more fish than lures and lighter line gets bit more often.  

luck,

lee

• Like 1