5guyshunting

Results are up.

11 hours ago, NYAZHunter said:

36B. October. #715.  Farthest down the list in 24 years.  

I'm #28 for this hunt. But I made it my 2nd choice because I really wanted to get drawn this year and only had 2 bonus points. 

I probably would have been drawn if it was my 3rd, 4th, or 5th choice but I didn't want to trade a 100% of getting drawn for even a 90% chance.  My brother made this hunt his 3rd choice with 0 BPs and he got skunked in the draw.

I wonder if the lack of leftovers will change people's draw strategies going forward and if that will effect the bonus points required to draw various hunts.  (Maybe decrease BPs required for the highly desired hunts and increase the BPs required for the less desired hunts?  Not sure.) 

I remember when we could drive to the AZGFD office and buy an OTC tag for this hunt the week of the hunt.  Those were the days...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, My Rights As An American said:

Absolutely nothing yet again for all of us. No youth, no regular tags. This is getting pretty ridiculous.

Curious how many points you had and what hunts you applied for.   

We had 4people on a tag with a net of 2 bonus pts .. and pulled 2nd choice....Seems like I get drawn every 2 years and I go down south every 2years OTC,,, So life isn't that bad.. Id don't mine going down south I have my spot , I been going since I was a kid.. No scouting needed,...Get on my ridge, Glass till I bleed and hope I go though less than 2 bags of sunflower seeds , Dill is what I prefer but any will work...

• Like 1

I'll Be Back.

5 A/B  tag #398 out of 470.

See you in Nov.

goma

129.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

I'm #28 for this hunt. But I made it my 2nd choice because I really wanted to get drawn this year and only had 2 bonus points. 

I probably would have been drawn if it was my 3rd, 4th, or 5th choice but I didn't want to trade a 100% of getting drawn for even a 90% chance.  My brother made this hunt his 3rd choice with 0 BPs and he got skunked in the draw.

I wonder if the lack of leftovers will change people's draw strategies going forward and if that will effect the bonus points required to draw various hunts.  (Maybe decrease BPs required for the highly desired hunts and increase the BPs required for the less desired hunts?  Not sure.) 

I remember when we could drive to the AZGFD office and buy an OTC tag for this hunt the week of the hunt.  Those were the days...

My group and I drew tags 497-500, but we only averaged 1 point per. 4 guys, 4 total points.

13 hours ago, My Rights As An American said:

Absolutely nothing yet again for all of us. No youth, no regular tags. This is getting pretty ridiculous.

what hunts did you do? theres general hunts that are easier to draw than youth hunts 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

My group and I drew tags 497-500, but we only averaged 1 point per. 4 guys, 4 total points.

Did you put in for this hunt as one of your first 2 selections or the last 3?

15 minutes ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

Did you put in for this hunt as one of your first 2 selections or the last 3?

2nd choice. 

Congrats and good luck to everyone with tags.  

Looks like the 2 boys will be hunting 34A early youth this year.  That’s great since CJ will be “to old” for youth hunts next year.  (Where does the time go?)

I finally got drawn for a late whitetail tag in 34A.    It was my first drawn tag in 7 years. I was able to snag a 30A leftover tag last year and spent a few days chasing Coues down towards Douglas.  

• Like 1