Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

Zamberlan Boots

I bought a pair of Crispi summit GTX about 3 years ago. They are comfortable but don’t give me the ankle support i like. I told myself i would wear them out before i bought another pair of boots and they are FINALLY worn out enough that i can justify a new pair. Went to ross and tried on all their boots. Crispi doesn’t make a pair that is stiff enough for my liking. The Kenetrek boots were my favorite but still not quite stiff enough. I like my hunting boots to feel almost like ski boots (bad ankles and 6’5” 230lbs is tough to support) I am pretty much sold on Zamberlan 2092’s but i can’t try them on anywhere. Does anyone run Zamberlan? Do they fit true to size? Just looking for a little input before i drop $450 on them. Thanks for the help in advance.

Have you tried the Lowa GTX boots?  I have similar issues and love the Lowa's!

Bad feet here as well.

lowa

la sportiva

salewa 

the first two make really stiff boots

if you can be patient and wait for them to come back in stock there is a pretty good discount on Experticity for the 2092’s.

I have worn Zamberlan for 3 years,  just ordered new pair.  Super comfortable and great support - my ankles are shot and twist all the time.... great support. 

They do run true to size, the euro sizing is confusing, my size is 10-10.5 much smaller than yours. 

Check Ebay, some sellers there have great prices from time to time. My boots retail for $440 and got them for $200. 980 GTX model 

Try some from Schnee's.  I like the ankle support on mine.  If you find some you like they can rebuild them when you wear em out.  Great CS too.  Give them a call and tell them what your after.

https://www.rei.com/product/774690/zamberlan-vioz-gtx-hiking-boots-mens

I bought the boot above at REI.   They are SUPER stiff.   I had to wear them to work a few days just to get them broke in enough to hike in them.   Probably a good 20-30 hours before I even thought about doing something in them besides going to work or around the house.   Now I've got probably close to 30 miles hiking with a pack on my back this summer and I love the boots.   They are a bit heavier than some but I think the weight is worth the stiffness and support.   Easily the stiffest boot REI had on their shelf in Tempe.   I believe that I also bought a wide.   I have many parts of my body that are fat......not just my feet.   You will like them if they fit your feet properly.   Mine fit perfect.  

17 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I bought a pair of Crispi summit GTX about 3 years ago. They are comfortable but don’t give me the ankle support i like. I told myself i would wear them out before i bought another pair of boots and they are FINALLY worn out enough that i can justify a new pair. Went to ross and tried on all their boots. Crispi doesn’t make a pair that is stiff enough for my liking. The Kenetrek boots were my favorite but still not quite stiff enough. I like my hunting boots to feel almost like ski boots (bad ankles and 6’5” 230lbs is tough to support) I am pretty much sold on Zamberlan 2092’s but i can’t try them on anywhere. Does anyone run Zamberlan? Do they fit true to size? Just looking for a little input before i drop $450 on them. Thanks for the help in advance.

So I looked at your model.    I don't know if you are going to be super happy with those unless you are really into steep climbing and mountaineering.    My boots are more supportive and stiffer than anything I've tried on at any store in town.    Go to REI and try these on.   the 2092's are going to be much stiffer and a bit harder to walk in.   

I have a pair of the Zamberlan Trekkers that have been excellent boots.  Pretty true to size based on how about 75% of shoes fit my feet.  The other 25% are a half size up or down.