Jump to content
Couesnut

South of the Boarder Violence

Recommended Posts

I've been going down to Sonora for 20 years, dated a woman from Hermosillo, and have spent a season in Cholla Bay. I also stumbled around Juarez  between 2006-2008. So I'm no stranger to Mexico.

 

That being said, we had a family trip planned for Feb and both families decided to cancel. Just not worth it with kids. If I was single or the kids were grown, I'd be down there without a second thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not going down this coming year to hunt but I already had decided that months ago.  We go to Rocky Point at least once a year and I have zero concerns about going there.  We stay in Los Palomas and don't do anything stupid and have a blast.  The more I hear about the recent killings the more of a targeted attack I feel it was.  The cartel is ruthless but I don't think they just randomly go around killing people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that sounds like it was targeted.  How do mistake a bunch of blondes in Mexico.

I wasn’t going this year and haven’t been since the place we went was DIY.  We drove down with our guns and in the heart of drug runner country.  Just not worth the risk to me.  People there were great, very cool to hang around with real Cowboys.  If I was going with an outfitter and not driving in I wouldn’t be worried at all

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

I'll be going down there like I have for the last 25 years. Guys if something bad happens to me down there...I want you to remember that happened to me doing what I love most! Hunting and helping others get their big coues! God bless you all and good luck on your hunts.

 

1798126017_Arizpe20195.thumb.jpg.b9db0eec361617ef7385f000913e5d7a.jpg

 

738974180_MattsbuckJohnyyo.thumb.jpg.1e958ff20084979960fb39b10417faca.jpg

 

1559789491_kyleandme.thumb.jpeg.4f047859cbbc1ba95b93e1bf7e35f6d4.jpeg

471896862_Kylesbuck.jpeg.4354b0984eb2418c969054d4effb4c26.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • Wow! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its sad what happened. But for them to call for gun control when they openly admitted to smuggling guns into mexico to defend themselves just so they could live in a polygamist inbred lifestyle has been kept out of the mainsteam reports. Nobody should kill women and children and the cartels are disgusting animals the USA has refused to deal with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ernesto C said:

 

 

 

I'll be going down there like I have for the last 25 years. Guys if something bad happens to me down there...I want you to remember that happened to me doing what I love most! Hunting and helping others get their big coues! God bless you all and good luck on your hunts.

 

 

maybe everyone will get scared to go and the prices will get dirt cheap and ill actually be able to afford it 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Explorer said:

 just so they could live in a polygamist inbred lifestyle has been kept out of the mainsteam reports.

did you see that it was the same family that they recruited sex slaves from for the NXIVM cult? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

did you see that it was the same family that they recruited sex slaves from for the NXIVM cult? 

No I read the vice report from 2012ish about gun smuggling. Also about the serial killer spree based on the belief in the blood atonement, killing of the unpure or non mormons in the 70s through the 90s they named the mexican charles manson group.The Romneys are uncle brother cousins that came from the compound back to the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AZbowhntr said:

I am not going down this coming year to hunt but I already had decided that months ago.  We go to Rocky Point at least once a year and I have zero concerns about going there.  We stay in Los Palomas and don't do anything stupid and have a blast.  The more I hear about the recent killings the more of a targeted attack I feel it was.  The cartel is ruthless but I don't think they just randomly go around killing people.

Las Palomas... right next to where they are still uncovering bodies in mass grave...I think they are up to 58 bodies now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mexico definitely has a problem!  However, I think if we reported Chicago, St Louis, Baltimore, and a few others every month there are some really bad cities here at home.  I try to stay away from these areas in genera.  I will be going to Mexico for business in a few weeks, I have never had any problems in Guadalajara.  I also never go anywhere on my own and stick to the offices, hotels, and restaurants that we know.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, AZLance said:

Las Palomas... right next to where they are still uncovering bodies in mass grave...I think they are up to 58 bodies now

Don't forget all the bullet holes in the concrete curbs and palm trees from the cartel vs government shootout in 2013. Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, akaspecials said:

Don't forget all the bullet holes in the concrete and palm trees out front from the cartel vs government shootout a few years ago. Lol. 

that was at bella sirena. i wish i could have been there for that, a helicopter firing into the hotel. had to be one heck of a sight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×