BowNut

(SOLD)Savage model 16 Ultralight Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor

Savage Ultralight Hunter 6.5 creedmoor 

Comes with basically new Hornady dies and whatever I have in bullets and brass. Hornady brass and maybe 25 143gr ELD- X bullets. About 15 loaded rounds. Gun is super lightweight. With 20" barrel and Accutrigger. I did put aluminum rods and  epoxy resin in the forend of the stock to stiffen it up some. Comes with 30mm Talley lightweight rings. $500 no trades please 

20191216_202112.jpg

20191216_202124.jpg

20191216_202133.jpg

• Like 1

Probably 60 to 70 rounds. Shot great with factory Hornady precision hunters. I worked up a quick load for it that is ok but I know it will shoot better. At the time I couldn't find the powder I was wanting. 

For what it is worth, I bought the same gun last year for my wife and daughter to hunt with .  I had PRC put a little b@st@rd on it and topped it with a LRHS and it shoots.  I only shot the 143eldx but grouped well under an 1", it dialed into every range out to 500 that I tried (no groups at distance, but several 2 shot within the diamond hits).  I liked it so much (and the fact it is 1/2 the weight as my typical carry) I ended up shooting my deer with it in Oct (you know, just to make sure it was safe for my wife) and then my wife killed her first deer with it in Nov.  

Since it is a Creedmore, yes, I am attempting to grow a man bun in time for next season - just to not let anyone down.  haha.  Good luck with the sale

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jdown said:

For what it is worth, I bought the same gun last year for my wife and daughter to hunt with .  I had PRC put a little b@st@rd on it and topped it with a LRHS and it shoots.  I only shot the 143eldx but grouped well under an 1", it dialed into every range out to 500 that I tried (no groups at distance, but several 2 shot within the diamond hits).  I liked it so much (and the fact it is 1/2 the weight as my typical carry) I ended up shooting my deer with it in Oct (you know, just to make sure it was safe for my wife) and then my wife killed her first deer with it in Nov.  

Since it is a Creedmore, yes, I am attempting to grow a man bun in time for next season - just to not let anyone down.  haha.  Good luck with the sale

Same story here.

Owning a couple other Savages that shoot, I bought the 110 lightweight storm model of this gun weighing in at 7lbs 0 oz scoped with the interchangeable stock LOP fittings for my kids to eventually use as they grow. Shot a 1.5" 3-shot group at 390 yards and it turned into my sheep rifle real quick. Ram dropped in his tracks with the 143 ELDx. Say what you want about the fad of the creedmor and flat-brimmed hats, there is a ton of load data out there (including reduced recoil loads for kids) and no shortage of component availability. If anyone is interested in my history with load development, let me know. 

Good luck with the sale OP. 

• Like 1

Thanks I think?? LoL I'm to old and my hair is way to short for a man bun. 

Thanks guys.